OSDE 310 vs 210

syngirl said:
Thanks -- yes seems like a lot of doctors are leaving the 210 plan... I turn 35 in June -- do you know at what age the plan changes? Thanks!
Syngirl, their plan changes from youth to whatever follows youth on your 36th birthday.

i can't decide if I'm insulted or flattered to be consider Youth at 34 ;)

Makes a big difference if you want to have a baby. My other half traded up from 210 to 310, and it gave her a lot more options and better service.

fifs2 - you pay 1100 pesos a month for 2 adults and 2 kids on OSDE 310. Wow. That sounds really good. We're paying that on a much less good plan. Are you (ahem) both under 35?

syngirl said:
i can't decide if I'm insulted or flattered to be consider Youth at 34 ;)

If what follows 34 is in any way termed old or middle aged imagine how I feel...you young brat you!!!:)

Damn - I was going to ask what about someone who is a young 47 ? ;) Well - I feel 47 some days but lets not go there :) This sounds like a fairly comprehensive plan (OSDE 310) - I'd want it for myself initially but possibly also for my future wife later on...

When I joined OSDE a few years ago, the only difference between 210 and 310 was in hospital affiliations. The best hospitals weren't on the 210 plan, but the list of practitioners, labs, etc. was the same. The price difference wasn't that great, so I elected 310 and was glad I did when my appendix ruptured a year later and I was rushed to Trinidad. Terrific hospital!

I've received no notification of any changes so far from OSDE, so I don't know if there are any changes in the works for the 310 plan.

Prices have increased in line with everything else. My original premium in 12-2007 was $578. The latest is $1,022, less some discounts for my payments as a monotributista, for a net of $861.89. (I'm in the Senior class, over 50.)

Back