OSDE billing question

A&A

Registered
So we recently received our first OSDE bill and was wondering how or what is the best way to pay the bill?

A friend said you can pay it right in the bank so you do not have to have a "mobster wad" of cash on you as you exit the building? Is that true do you need a local bank account?

Can you pay at the OSDE office on Bilinghurst?

I would love to do it online with my credit card (for the miles) but I am pretty sure that when we met with them they said this was not possible.

I called, but the phone tree is in Spanish..and I am as of now, not proficient enough to navigate it. (I can't point and gesture over the phone...;))

Anyone with OSDE who can help, thanks.

I don't know if you can do it online if you don't have a local credit card. You can either pay it at an OSDE office or at any of the Rapid Pago or Pago Facils (you can usually find them in Farmacities or other pharmacies).

Check the back of the bill, normally they list all the locations where you can pay.

Reactions: A&A
Do you have a bank account here? If so you can do a direct debit (debito automatico). Take the hassle of of paying each month.

Unfotunately, I don't have an account here...that's part of the problem.

There should be payment methods written on the back of the bill?
Pago Facil / Rapi Pago / and maybe the Banks that allow payment?

You can definitely pay the bill over the phone with an international credit card (I pay mine with a USAA card or my Chase debit card, whereas I cannot pay it with my Banco Frances debit card). however, if the system is too difficult to navigate in Spanish you can go to any Pago Facil office (they're everywhere) and also any OSDE office to pay. Good luck!

I pay my health insurance through automatic debit to my American Express card (not an Argentine card). It's a different insurance company, though.

Hiya! I have OSDE too and I pay it every month at the corner store at the end of my block. They have a big Rapi Pago sign on the window. It's very easy.
Suerte!

I set mine up to automatically charge to my credit card every month. Go into one of the OSDE offices and they should be able to set it up for you.

Thank you all for the help. I took the "easy way" out and had a friend that speaks Spanish call and pay the bill over the phone with my International credit card. And she explained (as you have pointed out) that I can set it up to "auto-debit" from now on. So I am going to set that up as well.

I think the navigation might have been a bit tricky with my Spanish, I don;t want to wind up buying like 500ccs IV fluid, a pair of crutches and rhinoplasty surgery for Thursday.

**consider this thread SOLVED and closed...**Thanks again.

Back