Osde Dentist Porcelain Fillings

syngirl

Registered
I've been going to my dentist here for a few years, was happy enough, now this past week I went for a cleaning and she's told me I need all sorts of fillings done. I believe her about the fillings -- I never had any problems with my teeth until I got pregnant, then all hell broke loose in my mouth apparently, bleeding gums etc. The thing I was annoyed about is that she did do a tiny filling in the last visit and never even offered porcelain (or sinthetic, not sure what they call here). I was rather annoyed because I'm almost 40 and if I open my mouth you won't see a bit of metal -- I've only ever had two tiny fillings and both were porcelain. So now she wants me back in a couple of weeks to do the other 3 (one of which is a replacement on the porcelain filling that is almost 20 years old).

Does anyone have a recommend for an OSDE dentist that does porcelain? I'd at least like to consult another one before returning to mine. Also the irony is that I had no sensitivity whatsoever -- no since she did the one filling I can actually feel sensitivity, so even if I go back to her I'd ahve to get her redo the filling she just put in!

Thanks!

It has been decades since I last got a metal filling in my mouth... not sure who still does that??? The standard for fillings is composite, you should talk to your dentist about this. And composite is 100% covered by the insurance. Porcelain fillings do not exist, the material is not suitable for fillings but for crowns, etc. You can go see my dentist, Dr. Cantarini, he works with OSDE as well, but no English spoken. Just a couple of blocks from Alto Palermo, he has been my dentist for 24 years.

Thanks for the recommends -- Nikad I sent you a message via fbook, hope to be in touch! Will call your dentist as my new "filling" is really starting to drive me nuts!

I went for a cleaning and she's told me I need all sorts of fillings done.

Hmmm. Please get a second opinion, which is sounds like you are doing. I had a female dentist here tell me I had five cavities. Weird because I've only had two in my life, barely eat sugar and brush my teeth. I got a second opinion and it turned out I had none, the dentist just wanted to gratuitously drill for dollars in my mouth.

I understand that teeth cleaning in Argentina isn't as routine as it is in the U.S. Still, when I went to Dr.Cantarini, he did a rather cursory cleaning of the bottom teeth but sent me for a panoramic xray before doing the top ones. When I went back to get the top ones done, he declared that I needed nine new crowns. He sent my friend for the panoramic xray before doing any cleaning and still made her come twice to complete the cusory cleaning. He told her she needed five new crowns. Maybe this indicates that he is a very thorough and conscientious dentist...and maybe not.

Back