Osde Versus Galeno

Ceviche

Registered
Hi,

I am now at the verge of changing my insurance provider after having to deal with the horrible/over crowded hospital Alerman for 1 year.

I want to take either OSDE or Galeno/Trinidad

I have inquired the prices for individual plans for my age

Galeno/Trinidad ( live next door)

Gold (their best ) - 2487 $

silver - 1897$

OSDE

410 - 3009 $
310 - 2359 $

Between Galeno Gold ( their best) 2487 $ and OSDE 310 ( 4th best) 2359$

which sounds better?

which will be more advantageous?

I have heard only good things about OSDE. Can someone walk me thru their 310 plan? Especially its 310 versus Galenos's Oro ( all expenses paid plan)

thank you

P.S : Hospital Aleman Plan A6 (2nd best)..I was just paying 1100 pesos a month! (you get what you pay for!!!)

I now have OSDE 210, the basic plan, which IMHO its more than OK. I used to have the 310, for like three years. 310 has better doctors, better hospitals, like the Mater Dei, and an EXCELLENT dental plan. In fact my dentist only works with 310, 210 does not cover me, but Im still going there and paying because of how good he is.

Before 310 I used to have Medicus, for like 20 years (Im 35) and it used to be good, but since 2002, 2003, it started to suck, their dental plan SUCKS! worst dentists ever.
So since 2004 or so lots of people started to reccomend me OSDE.

I have diabetes, so go to different kind of doctors, a lot, need insuline (they bring it to my door totally free) asidiously blood tests, lots of dentists, and....... the best is OSDE.

((Although OSDE too used to be better, like more selected, and now they are getting more and more popular)), but they are the best to me! 310 is a very good plan.

I dont know of Galeno or Swiss Medical or the rest, but Medicus sucks! :)

Hope you decide fine.

Not sure if you have visited OSDE's plan comparison, but just in case:
http://www.osdebinario.com.ar/index.html#!osde-nuestros-planes-salud.html?display=310

Difference between 310 and 210 is basically lager doctor base, free home medical visits, and higher refund rate.

We have 410 and I think they are great.

Have had OSDE 310 thru five surgeries and three hospitalizations with plenty of doctors house calls between. For all those unfortunate medical issues, the one silver lining has been my OSDE plan itself...the difference between 310 and the higher plans is that the higher ones cover aesthetic surgeries and may also provide coverage when traveling abroad. May be other benefits as well but if I'm not feeling that I'm missing anything,then how important can they be?!

Have had OSDE 310 thru five surgeries and three hospitalizations with plenty of doctors house calls between. For all those unfortunate medical issues, the one silver lining has been my OSDE plan itself...the difference between 310 and the higher plans is that the higher ones cover aesthetic surgeries and may also provide coverage when traveling abroad. May be other benefits as well but if I'm not feeling that I'm missing anything,then how important can they be?!

does it cover lab test tests/doctors in trinidad? Thats MY No 1 INTEREST cos I live v close

how much do u have to co pay?

Any one know the prices of family plans with OSDE? (2 adults 1 baby)

With OSDE 310 you can use Trinidad. With 210 you can't.

I'm looking at the rate sheet right now but I *think* these are the corp rates. Regular rates are probably a few hundred pesos more per month. I'm not sure how old you are.
For matrimonio joven for 310 (26-35) it's $2746 per couple plus $716 for the first child and $491 for each additional child per month.
For matrimonio 310 (36-64) it is $3687 per month plus the same costs above per child.

I had Galeno and I changed because there were some annoying things. I kept having to go to their office to get specific tests or procedures or whatever "approved" so that they could be done. It wasted a lot of time. Also, Galeno has gotten to be very watered down and targeted towards the masses. It's not bad, but it makes things much more difficult.

I have now swiss medical, which is cheaper than OSDE but so far has been pretty good. They have most of the doctors and hospitals you would have on an OSDE plan and also have dental included in many of their plans. I am paying for an entire family of four only 2800 pesos a month.

On top of it, they have the guardia swissmedica in Palermo and if there is every some kind of emergency, we just go there. Doctors are good and they get to you fast usually, with a minimum of paperwork and runarounds. For emergencies, the place is really good.

Back