Overlanding By Vehicle Or Bike?

Let me get this straight.... You are working on a workman’s compensation settlement and you are well enough to hang on to motorcycle, for dear life, for over 7000 miles of bad roads.
Harry Devert’s adventure on the way to the World Cup.
http://ktla.com/2014...ssing-american/
77,000 more articles
https://www.google.c...#q=harry devert

Is this just your way to get attention?
You have been “incoming” for over a year.
S..... or get off the pot.

Hey dude or dudette, no need to be disrespetable, read well before your comments. My workmen's comp case is finalising stage.
I'm deemed o have attained full recovery, hince planning for the trip. If you have no past experiences on this matter,then just read
and no need to comment at all.... Iam trying to find from the BAexpats forumites...Not from published stories...
Yeah, was suffering from my injury and had t keep my dream alive, so beeing in this marvelous form. And thank
you for reminding me "incoming for over a year" But finally my turn has come for way overdue trip.

Maybe workers comp will provide you with a motorized transporter chair. They aren't fast but they are Hybrid.

ghost, I have mentioned that you not to post to my thread but keeps don' it.
You have nothing meaningful to comment but, "Hablar Mierda"
Go and pound salt, do something beneficial to others than to keep barging in !
I have met many, but you are the one the most valuable one, unbelieable .

ghost, I have mentioned that you not to post to my thread but keeps don' it.
You have nothing meaningful to comment but, "Hablar Mierda"
Go and pound salt, do something beneficial to others than to keep barging in !
I have met many, but you are the one the most valuable one, unbelieable .
I would Jog down Hybrid and show them mofo's

WTRCe6p.png

I know plenty who have cycled it - but for the frail, elderly, the weak of heart or just fellas who feel the need to have an engine rumbling between their legs to prove their masculinity you could try to find Moto Mikey who passed through here recently.
Hey, bike crew B)

I'm currently riding around the Americas on a BMW F800GS. Hanging out in BsA for a while. I'm up for a group ride if there's any good places to check out.

CH_11Feb14_003.jpg

I saw Moto Mikey when I was out walking the dog (not a euphemism!) one night, he was in my hood pulled up outside a car park. I recognised him and the bike from this photo.

My dopey hound barks at the world, so I didnt stop him for a chat on the land or sea north western border crossing question.

Maybe GS will lend you inline skates. Joe we need a poll here.

I would stick with the car, but I am in a similar age group as you.
As far as gatling guns- not really needed- you take a boat around the Darien Gap, which is the worst stretch in terms of bandits.
Central America is more dangerous than most of south america- I am sure there are parts of rural Columbia you would want to steer clear of, but in general South America has very little active daily small arms fire.
I have a friend who is a raptor expert, (eagles, hawks, that sort of thing- not airplanes) he does a lot of work and research in Chile.
He has his american vehicle (a 4x4 Ford pickup) shipped direct from California to Chile, when he goes down for a season. This has worked well for him.

Back