Overstay 90 Days Visa - Rules The Same?

Seems like a lot of hassle just to see the Brazillian side of Iguazu, which isn't really that much different from the Argie side.

Maybe a hassle, but a worthwhile one. The view from the Brazilian side is totally different and unmissable I'd say.

Similar question...I have had 2 90 days stamps, I'm leaving after 90 days (to Peru for vacation) and will pay the fee. Can I still return even though I've been here more than 6 months?

Does anyone know the official rules about how many times you can pay for an extension at migraciones?

I don't believe there are any official rules, necessarily. As I understand things, it is up to the immigrations official when you enter the country as to whether or not you will flagged with a problem, and that individual may take into account the number of times you've paid the fee for overstaying.

My take on all this is that things are changing as far as immigrations permissiveness goes. Anything that is not completely complying with the intention of the law is going to be a risk, but the risk percentage can't be calculated at this point, although is probably still relatively low.

Thanks. In this instance i am thinking about the overstaying vs paying for an extension. As my plans to leave on an actual vacation may need to be delayed. So now I am making back up plans. I have paid for an extension in the past. And i thought that i saw it somewhere in the forum that you could only do it once or maybe once per year.

What is the official amount of time that you need to live in Argentina before you finally realize that it is the luck of the draw when crossing the border and that asking about what the "official rules" are about entering makes you look like a greenhorn...tenderfoot.

n.jpg

Probably the same amount of time that it takes to realize that making fun of other people's questions only shows everyone that:
A. you don't know the answer and
B. you have nothing better to do with your life.

What is the official amount of time that you need to live in Argentina before you finally realize that it is the luck of the draw when crossing the border and that asking about what the "official rules" are about entering makes you look like a greenhorn...tenderfoot.

n.jpg

Probably the same amount of time that it takes to realize that making fun of other people's questions only shows everyone that:
A. you don't know the answer and
B. you have nothing better to do with your life.
C. to encourage folks to use the search function where the same question has been asked and answered a dozen times. And if you are still looking for the "official rules", Argentina is like most countries in that they leave a lot to the discretion of the immigration agent regardless of what "official rules" may or may not exist.

For your information. the search function is how I came to this thread. Everyone has written about different experiences I in fact have had a couple of my own.... I was asking for the "official rules" because I felt like they might come in handy if I needed to have a discussion with one of the immigration agents.

Your final sentence would have gotten us to a productive conversation much quicker.

C. to encourage folks to use the search function where the same question has been asked and answered a dozen times. And if you are still looking for the "official rules", Argentina is like most countries in that they leave a lot to the discretion of the immigration agent regardless of what "official rules" may or may not exist.

For your information. the search function is how I came to this thread. Everyone has written about different experiences I in fact have had a couple of my own.... I was asking for the "official rules" because I felt like they might come in handy if I needed to have a discussion with one of the immigration agents.

Your final sentence would have gotten us to a productive conversation much quicker.
Here's some advice:

1) write down Bajo Cero's or some other immigration lawyer's number
2) consult with the lawyer on tactics if you don't mind the consultation fee
3) I believe Bajo Cero said not to arrive on Sunday because some legal office is closed
4) If your working here illegally have a story on why you are here and how your supporting yourself and practice lying
5) Consider coming through Uruguay instead of EZE
6) I think its a bad idea to say that you're here because you met a guy (or gal)
7) Have a bank statement if you have significant funds

Back