Overstay Fee At Migraciones Good For 3 Or 10 Days?

sab15

Registered
Hi,

I will need to pay an overstay fee at migraciones. I once read here that it was good for 10 days, but then heard from someone else it is good for 3 days. Can someone please confirm which one it really is? Thanks a lot.

sab

10 days.
http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/indexN.php?habilitacion_salida

I will need to pay an overstay fee at migraciones. I once read here that it was good for 10 days, but then heard from someone else it is good for 3 days. Can someone please confirm which one it really is? Thanks a lot.

At Aeroparque (AEP), they told me it was only good for 1 day. I left. At Retiro, it was good for 10 days.

Just thought I would Add; almost nothing I have read or been told was right when I overstayed. (I left on Wednesday 1 April 2015) You cannot even check in for your flight until you have paid. You cannot pay at migraciones. And you need about an hour extra at the airport.

You need to go to migraciones,they will issue you with the papers. Then you need to go to the Banco Nacional to pay and get a receipt. hen with your receipt and papers you need to return to migraciones to have it all Validated.
Finally you can check in, then immigration will check it l again, before writing the number in your passport and finally allowing you to leave.

To read the full story click on my blog.

These are the places you can pay according to the link I posted. There is no mention of being able to pay at migraciones.

• Aeropuerto Internacional de Ezeiza, (durante las 24 hs)
• Aeroparque Jorge Newbery, (durante las 24 hs)
• Terminal de Ómnibus de Retiro, ubicado en el Puente Nº 5, (de 8 a 20 hs)

Just thought I would Add; almost nothing I have read or been told was right when I overstayed. (I left on Wednesday 1 April 2015) You cannot even check in for your flight until you have paid. You cannot pay at migraciones. And you need about an hour extra at the airport.

You need to go to migraciones,they will issue you with the papers. Then you need to go to the Banco Nacional to pay and get a receipt. hen with your receipt and papers you need to return to migraciones to have it all Validated.
Finally you can check in, then immigration will check it l again, before writing the number in your passport and finally allowing you to leave.

To read the full story click on my blog.

While it's true that it is not posible to pay the overstay fee at migraciones at EZE (it must be paid at the bank as T-Bob described above),recent posts have noted that it is possible to pay the fee at Aeroparque, EZE, or in the Retiro station. (I previously thought it could be paid at Migraciones in Retiro.)

If paid in the Retrio terminal or at Aeroparque, it should be possible to check in with the airline without going to migraciones at EZE. Just remember to have the receipt for the payment.

PS (edit): RichardP made the previous post while I was writing this one.

As I indicated, recent posts have noted that it is possible to pay the fee at Aeroparque, EZE, or in the Retiro station. :rolleyes:

Leave PLENTY of time if you plan to pay overstay fine at BA airports,remember you have to line up 3 times and get the paper allowing you to leave before even lining up for thecheck-in. There have been lots of stroies of migracciones being closed inthe wee hours for inexlplicable reasons (visiting the huesito in the nearby villas for an hour or two?). Many people have missed their flights because they waited to pay the overstay just before their flights.

Back