Overstay Visa Fine Payment

This actually seems like a pretty big change. As of August 1, 2013 the only place you can pay the overstay fee at departure is Ezeiza. At any other point of departure, you must have paid the fee in advance at their web site (which is not working) or at Banco de la Nacion Argentina in cash.

Just had a report of someone being denied boarding at the Mendoza bus terminal this weekend. They could not even go to the airport and buy a ticket there. Since the website was not working, they have to wait until tomorrow to pay the fee in person and then they can leave.

The new law and payment instructions are here: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?tasas

Hi !
Glad I found the information.

Do you know if, to pay at the Banco de la Nacion Argentina - before one flies, do you simply go, show your outbound ticket perhaps, and pay the fine? That easy?
I fly out at 6am from Ezeiza and don't want to risk arriving to Ezeiza and being told that the Banco is closed or something like that.
Wondering if I can go day before to a bank in Capital and just pay it.. Seems too easy!

Any advice?
Thanks!

Jenny

This actually seems like a pretty big change. As of August 1, 2013 the only place you can pay the overstay fee at departure is Ezeiza. At any other point of departure, you must have paid the fee in advance at their web site (which is not working) or at Banco de la Nacion Argentina in cash.

Just had a report of someone being denied boarding at the Mendoza bus terminal this weekend. They could not even go to the airport and buy a ticket there. Since the website was not working, they have to wait until tomorrow to pay the fee in person and then they can leave.

The new law and payment instructions are here: http://www.migracion...ccesible/?tasas

Thanks for that! I tried online...didn't quite work - couldn't get past putting my details in.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Cheers,
Jenny
Yes, but Banco Nacion is not precisely a place were efficiency means something. I suggest you pay on line.

Great, thanks for the pic. I'll give it a try at a bank, try online one more time. If that fails, will have to have faith it all goes fine at the airport.
Thanks!

Most countries post signs of this nature in multiple languages.

The new law and payment instructions are here: http://www.migracion...ccesible/?tasas

Hola tks

Reading the instructions, in the migraciones decree?? it seems one should obtain the Payment Form first at various places mentioned an then only Pay at Banco Nacion??? Confused Or just walk in the bank to a window to Pay...???? the Form is available there????

Back