Overstayed my visa rather a long time..

Does anyone know the current overstay fee? Due to airline flight dates I may have to overstay mine by one or two days.

Last time I overstayed, the fee was 300 pesos, or $100 US for non merco-sur citizens (better to pay in pesos.) They've started collecting money any way they can, so they actually count the days. Last time I went to Colonia, the immigration agent actually counted the days on her fingers.

Also, Americans/Canadians/Brits need a 'visa' now to stay in Argentina, which cost me $140 US when I came in this past January. (It's basically a $140 sticker which they put in your passport.) If you missed that, you'll probably have to buy it on re-entry.

I heard a rumor that overstaying 3 times will get you 'banned' or locked out from the country - does anyone know if this is true? I really didn't want to chance it.

Brits don't need a $140 visa, its just for US citizens I believe.

jp said:
Brits don't need a $140 visa, its just for US citizens I believe.

the 140$ multiple entry is for US citizens, and canadians and aussies pay something around 70ish for one time entry. it's the reciprocity fee

My mistake - I remember it being 3 english speaking countries being separated in the customs/immigration line.

hey i'm in the same situation! and don't worry I came here on march 3rd and its july 22nd now.. I was freaking out first but now that I've been here long enough I know how it goes.. just stay and when u want to travel the only thing you'll have to do is pay the fine.. no prob about getting in again.

Just pay the fine when you leave the next time. At this point there is no reason to go to Uruguay. For my knowledge of the reports of people being 'banned from reentry' are just rumors. I've never heard of a confirmed case of a perma-tourist not being allowed back in the country.

dutara said:
Does anyone know the current overstay fee? Due to airline flight dates I may have to overstay mine by one or two days.

I left on April 22 and paid 300 pesos

Just to note that the US$140 fee for US citizens is only if you enter the country by air. I originally entered the country by land, and did not have to pay the fee. It was only a year later when I left and came back (by air) that I had to pay the fee. So if you're crossing the border by bus, car, or ferry, that fee does not apply.

irina said:
the 140$ multiple entry is for US citizens, and canadians and aussies pay something around 70ish for one time entry. it's the reciprocity fee

Back