overstayed visa but need brasilian visa..

HI Steve and other members,

The posts are really helpful. Thank you.
My situation is not as urgent, and perhaps straight forward. Hoping someone can tell me if there is anything extra I need to sort out.

• I'm heading to brazil in a months time.
  • My tourist visa for BA is overstayed now about 8 months.
  • I understand I will pay a fine at EZE.
  • I have an EU passport and checked out that I dont need a visa for Brazil.
Great.

Question is:
Will my 'overstayed tourist visa' in BA negatively impact my application to eventually extend my 90 days visa in Brazil? (perhaps a totally different thread or forum.. Apologies)
I'm hoping they have nothing to do with each other.

Other question:
Will my EU passport have some red or black mark showing that I overstayed my visa in BA? I really dont' want that - will look bad and in the eyes of Brazil authorities...

Thanks in advance!
In the meantime, I'll keep searching threads for info.

J

steveinbsas said:
If you have overstayed your 90 day visa by less than 30 days you can extend it at migraciones, but you will have to pay an extra $150 pesos ($450 total). In any case you can only extend your visa once at migraciones.

If you have overstayed by more than 30 days you will be charged the $300 peso fine and have ten days to leave the counrty. If you don't leave within ten days you will be subject to another overstay fine when you do leave, even if it is on day eleven.

It's probably already too late to go to migracions in Retiro today and even if you got there in the next hour they probably would not give you a turno. If you can pay at the BuQueBus terminal and don't actually leave the country you may only have ten days to do so, but you won't be able to go to Brazil until you have a visa from their embassy (if that's the only place to get one). If they do require a current Argentina visa, Bradley is correct; you will have to (at least) go to Uruguay to get one and you probably won't be going to Brazil on Monday...unless joemama has a secret to share.

It sounds like joemama was lucky or the policy has changed since his/her trip to Brazil...or?

Back