Overstayed visa

Leannee.xx

Registered
Hello guys,

I came to Argentina in October 2020 due to my husbands work. I couldn’t start the process for my DNI until my husband received his which was just last week. I came into the country with an exception letter. We are now leaving and I’m wondering what will happen. Will I pay a fine?
Does anyone know anything about this?

thank you
Leanne

Hello guys,

I came to Argentina in October 2020 due to my husbands work. I couldn’t start the process for my DNI until my husband received his which was just last week. I came into the country with an exception letter. We are now leaving and I’m wondering what will happen. Will I pay a fine?
Does anyone know anything about this?

thank you
Leanne
Just start the process to get residency based on his DNI. If you have all the documents in place you will get a precaria within 2 days and an interview in 4. They have zero work right now. Depending on what visa you came in you may or may not have to pay a small fine. Nothing to worry about. If you have time to submit an application for residency before you leave do it now.

Unless you are leaving Argentina for good… then nothing to worry about.

Just start the process to get residency based on his DNI. If you have all the documents in place you will get a precaria within 2 days and an interview in 4. They have zero work right now. Depending on what visa you came in you may or may not have to pay a small fine. Nothing to worry about. If you have time to submit an application for residency before you leave do it now.
We started the process and they gave me an Interview for tomorrow , which I can’t go to because all the paperwork they ask for (originals) are in the UK and I’m trying to get them. There’s no other way to reschedule the appointment either!

We started the process and they gave me an Interview for tomorrow , which I can’t go to because all the paperwork they ask for (originals) are in the UK and I’m trying to get them. There’s no other way to reschedule the appointment either!
Just go. They will still give you a precaria for at least 10 days and ask you to bring the documents later. Explain to them the situation just say due to covid blah blah, bring as much paper work as you can and be nice. Maybe they will still give you a precaria for 90 days who knows, at a minumium they should give you precaria for 30 days and "intimar" you to bring or submit the missing docs later. But if you don't plan to be back doesn't matter I guess.

just go for the interview tomorrow. Go 15 min before your appointment and wait in line outside, about 10 min before your time they will let you in. get a number and you will be done in under 1 hour. They have zero work and everything goes by in no time.

Last edited:
Back