OverStaying in argentina due to COVID-19

ok I just dropped by the comisaria in my hood (Palermo), they were really nice [no wait]. The lady prepared the cert de domicilio and said someone will bring it to my house tomorrow between 8 and 14hs.

ok I just dropped by the comisaria in my hood (Palermo), they were really nice [no wait]. The lady prepared the cert de domicilio and said someone will bring it to my house tomorrow between 8 and 14hs.
OK, definitely ymmv.

Nobody knows if Av. Jujuy is open? They didn't reply to email.

By any chance, has there been an update on the 30 days extensions for those of us on long-expired tourist visas? I'm planning on flying out in a couple of weeks and I'm still not clear if I need to pay the fine before leaving.

By any chance, has there been an update on the 30 days extensions for those of us on long-expired tourist visas? I'm planning on flying out in a couple of weeks and I'm still not clear if I need to pay the fine before leaving.
If you are flying on or before 17 Dec you are good. If you are flying after but before 17 January you are also likely fine. The new (final?) extension should come out on 18-19 December.

Last edited:
If you are flying on or before 17 Dec you are good. If you are flying after but before 17 January you are also likely fine. The new (final?) extension should come out on 18-19 December.

Thanks a bunch. I'm leaving before the end of the year.

I'm still amazed (but shouldn't be) that the govt hasn't issued a specific policy since the start of lockdown when literally every other country in the region has either indefinitely waved overstay penalties or make it simple to pay the fine online (like Chile has).

Thanks a bunch. I'm leaving before the end of the year.

I'm still amazed (but shouldn't be) that the govt hasn't issued a specific policy since the start of lockdown when literally every other country in the region has either indefinitely waved overstay penalties or make it simple to pay the fine online (like Chile has).
You will be fine. There is a sort of official stance that the residencies will be extended up to 30 days after the end of the “cuarentena”. Which technically will last till 21 of December. So for end of year you will be fine.

This is the last Tweet I got from the US Embassy in Argentina regarding this (I'm in the same situation)
US Embassy Argentina
@USEmbArgentina

·
Nov 20

Argentine Immigration (Dirección Nacional de Migraciones) announced an automatic 30-day visa extension for all non-residents with visas set to expire after March 17. http://ow.ly/8hPZ50CnXlh.
They will only tell you what is out officially. They will never tell you something that is not officially announced. If you are leaving before end of the year do not worry.

Back