Package held at customs

jbhenson

Registered
I recently sent had my step brother send me a package with some parts I bought for my car while I was in states but couldnt fit in my suitcase when returning.

The package had nothing really valuable, because I had so many problems previously, the total value was less than 100 dollars, had a couple switches, gauge, 2 bottles vitamins, and a misquito net canopy. Instead of getting a notice my package was ready. I got a telegram.

Whats the telegram for, and when I track it it says its held in customs at Buenos aires avion?

Anyone familiar with this or had it happen?

Once had parents send me vitamins from GNC.
Had to get a local doctors prescription to liberate them from customs.

how long ago was that? I thought things changed to be easier! LOL

Im going to get the telegram tomorrow, guess i will see what they say, if its too difficult I wont waste my time, and make a note for another 4 years not to try to get a package

I believe auto parts are restricted....?

This link may help....Google translation

https://www.afip.gob.ar/genericos/guiavirtual/consultas_detalle.aspx?id=17559133

What is the procedure to import a spare part of a motor vehicle?
01/22/2015 12:00:00 a.m.

To carry out the importation of a spare part by means of the regime of postal and courier deliveries, the Ministry of Industry will intervene. It should also be taken into account that law 24.449 establishes that any component or part destined for automotive spare parts, coupled or semi-coupled, defined as - safety auto parts -, which are manufactured in the country or imported, to be able to be sold in the replacement market exclusively, must meet the security conditions as established in Resolution 91/2001, and must be certified as a non-original spare part according to Decree 779/95.

Once the Certification License has been obtained, the CHAS (Certification of Homologation of Safety Autoparts) must be processed before the National Directorate of Industry, delegated to the NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY (INTI), who will periodically inform the CUSTOMS GENERAL DIRECTORATE OF CUSTOMS. FEDERAL ADMINISTRATION OF PUBLIC INCOME, dependent on the MINISTRY OF ECONOMY the list that is mentioned in article 20 of the resolution ex SI 91/2001.

CHAS, is the instrument that enables the commercialization, import or transfer by any title in the National Territory of the autopart and / or security element in question for the replacement market.

For the purpose of requesting import authorization, the form "Request to import merchandise by natural persons without commercial and / or industrial purpose" (OM-2153-A), as applicable, to the Customs Office of Buenos Aires, shall be submitted in duplicate. the Customs Office of Ezeiza or the Customs Divisions under the General Subdirectorate of Customs Operations of the Interior, attaching the documentation required for importation of the merchandise in question.

CLARIFICATION: The entry of parts and spare parts of motor vehicles are excluded from the Baggage Regime (Article 59 Decree 1001/82)

rich one. you are resourceful. is it you know this or you research it. just curios. thats for insiteful info

extremely, good info, I had no idea a part which you cannot buy here in Argentina would be restricted. I tried everywhere to find it, including mercadolibre, olx, auto parts places, I was told you could not buy it here. KIA parts for an older car. Oh well.

rich one. you are resourceful. is it you know this or you research it. just curios. thats for insiteful info

When a question comes up that interests me I ask Google in Spanish, if the answer comes up immediately I Translate it and post it...! Its a free Community Service ...

You also need a doctors prescription for any medicine/supplements. Welcome to the nightmare - take it as a lesson learned.

Back