Paid Sick Days For Housekeepers

citygirl

Registered
A random question and my lawyer is off on holidays so thought someone here might know.

As I've posted before, I've had TERRIBLE luck with housekeepers this past year. Have gone through several who have stolen from me (money, clothes, etc) or quit without notice, etc, etc. They work p/t for me (30 hours a week), I pay a decent salary, do everything in white, it's not hard work but I can't find anyone decent.

I had a new one start last Wed. She's already missed 1 day of work (monday) without notice. Obviously, I don't have the best feeling about her.

I do everything in white and typically, I pay for sick days (with doctors note) along with every other benefit from day 1. But since I already have my doubts, I would prefer not to offer her this right away. As long as I'm paying the 95 pesos a month in taxes, am I legally obligated to pay her sick days right away if she doesn't work? I would rather wait at least a month or two and see how it goes before offering this. Anyone know if it's obligatory from Day 1?

Ministry of Work'x Official Calendar shows the 24th - last monday - as a non working day. You might have a miscommunication issue there.

AFAIK you can give her the boot anytime within the first 3 months legal trial period. I would pay sick days, to avoid trouble, and show her the door.
It's your home, your time and doe, better have someone you can feel comfy with instead of bringing additional worries to your household.

Ministry of Work'x Official Calendar shows the 24th - last monday - as a non working day. You might have a miscommunication issue there.

AFAIK you can give her the boot anytime within the first 3 months legal trial period. I would pay sick days, to avoid trouble, and show her the door.
It's your home, your time and doe, better have someone you can feel comfy with instead of bringing additional worries to your household.

24th was technically a work day - it was one of those "fake" holidays the gov't decreed. But as you know, all businesses, etc were open. Although I offered to pay her double for the day (as I do when one wants to work feriados) and she confirmed she would be working and then didn't show up.

I'm aware I can terminate within 3 months without any issues, just wasn't sure about the paid sick time in that period for hourly employees.

And yes, it would be lovely to find someone great and that I trust. But I've been through 4 in the last year, 1 quit b/c her husband found a new job, 1 stole clothes and money from me, 1 stole money from me and 1 worked 2 weeks and stopped showing up without notice. The ones before that - they also stole and oh yes, sued as well. It's not easy to find someone. And I don't "feel comfy" with anyone and I doubt I will again with any employee here.

Will ask regarding "sick days" and per hours employees and get back to you.

Der Ministerium für Arbeit says it was a "feriado puente" http://www.trabajo.gov.ar/feriados/ and we know that as an employer you are on the losing end of an argument by default...

Oh yes, hence why I would have paid double on that day (offered her the choice of not working, she was the one who said she would - and then didn't). Looks like next year will be equally feriado heavy :) Life here in Argentina.

Thanks for checking - much appreciated :) Right now, I'm paying her per day as she hasn't even been her a full week and I won't pay her for Mon or Tues this week but am curious about going forward and thought someone might know.

If you're paying her per hour and also complying with F102 ($95) your ass is covered.
No show/no doe. Only services rendered.

what about women who come to clean the house once a week, for 3 hours..

how to deal with them legally?

Pretty much what citygirl is doing. Told you on the other thread that you should comply with the F102 but you need her CUIL/CUIT, etc. Check link I posted on the other thread, please.

That means, even these cleaning lady's come 3-4 times a month are a threat?

Back