Painting classes

Brettex

Registered
Hi guys, apologies if this is somewhere already on the site, but I can't find anything, I'm looking for a good painting class to join. I'm pretty much a beginner but very keen. Looking to learn how to use oils, I think i'm done with acrylic. I wouldn't mind a bit of sculpture either so a general art class would be great too though. I'm thinking evenings, but any time is fine. Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows a decent artist supplies store in or around San Telmo, or a decent and not so expensive one worth traveling for it would be great to get some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

I recommend strongly a good friend of mine, native of Uruguay but she has spent +10 years in NY (that helps to have a 100% english fluent teacher).
Furthermore she is an exceptional human being.
She has many groups during the week, in a very nice place in Palermo SOHO (Cabrera x Bonpland).

She has LIFE DRAWING classes

Her website & curriculum are here :
http://www.artemercosur.org.uy/rank/ombu/english/rank.html

Anna Rank, Uruguayan artist, has lived and studied in New York for 12 years. Argentinean resident.

Education: MFA / Painting - Parsons School of Design, N.Y. (1993) BFA - Art Education Certificate, Parsons School of Design / Bank Street College, New York, (1993) - Universidad del Trabajo del Uruguay, Montevideo (1981) - Drawing and Painting with Julio Alpuy (Torres-García's-Workshop) N.Y. (1983-1989) - Printmaking with Krishna Reddy Workshop at New York University (1988-1989).

Awards and Honors: Helena Rubinstein Award and Organization of American States Scholarship, Washington DC.(1992-1993) - Artist in Residence at Altos de Chavón School of Design, Dominican Republic (1990)- The New York Public Library acquired for the Print Room the artist book "Don Quixote de la Mancha"(1990).

Art Teacher: Altos de Chavón School of Design, Dominican Republic (1992 - 1990) - Universidad Católica del Uruguay (1994-1996) and "Escuela Superior de Bellas Artes de la Nación Ernesto de la Cárcova", Buenos Aires (1998-1997). Queens Museum of Art and New York City Department of Education, Workshops for Development Training (2005-2006-2007). Currently she also teaches Drawing and Painting at her own Studio and also at Guillermo Roux's Foundation/Studio, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Since 1979, she realized a number of individual and collective exhibitions in United Stated, Argentina, France, Italy. Chile, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Brazil and Uruguay; her work is part of international collections like The New York Public Library at the Print Room, the Musée d' Art Contemporain de Chamaliéres, France and others.

Calle Cabrera, 5654 - Buenos Aires - CP 1414 - Argentina. Tel. (5411) 4774 7167

Hey guys, thanks so much! both a great help, brilliant options here.... I'll get right onto this now. Can't wait!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Entertainment 5
I Expat Life 9
H Culture 14
D Culture 3
C Services Offered 9
Back