Palermo Meetup - Wednesday - March 30

brooklynboy

Registered
It’s almost Wednesday again. That means another Palermo Meetup on March 30th to share stories/travel and living tips, talk about why you are here, share business ideas, discuss why Buenos Aires is so cool or not, make wagers on when the next crash is coming, etc…

Post Street Bar has been nice so far, but it is time we try a new place again. This week we’ll start at Clarence’s in Palermo Soho. Address is Gurruchaga 1417 just off the corner with J.A. Cabrera.

Official start is 9pm as always. Newcomers, be aware that might mean that people really start rolling in around 9:30’ish. We usually try to find a spot up near the front or outside - so look for the group speaking English there.

We are usually at this first place for 2-3 hours, and then the night owls among us move on to another place either around Plaza Serrano or Plaza Palermo Viejo.

Hi, I've just moved to BA, and would love to come and meet all the other newcomers and expats! Got horribly lost today, definitely in need of a couple of local tips, especially about the busses!

This really sounds wonderful but I'm afraid I don't take to the Argentina night life. I've noticed your meetings before--which happen about the time I head off to bed. (I'm up at 4:00 a.m.) If anyone decides to meet in the daytime for lunch sometime, let me know and I'll be there! :)

madsabout said:
Hi, I've just moved to BA, and would love to come and meet all the other newcomers and expats! Got horribly lost today, definitely in need of a couple of local tips, especially about the busses!

Hiya! hope your living it and loving it so far. If you havent already, buy yourself a GUIA`T´ for bus travellers its the bible, and not as complicated to use as it first appears. A MONDERO card for the subte is a good idea too and some of the buses are using a card system too (not sure if its the same).
Keep your hands in your pockets and your bag in front and relax and enjoy the sights!
good waves for ya! R

madsabout said:

I'm using this link to find bus routes, which I got on baexpats. The colectivos cost about 1.20 and stop about every 3rd block. I use this link to find which streets they run on, then search for the block on that street. The 55 goes close by the meetup location on Gurruchaga.

http://www.omnilineas.com.ar/colectivos

arlean said:
This really sounds wonderful but I'm afraid I don't take to the Argentina night life. I've noticed your meetings before--which happen about the time I head off to bed. (I'm up at 4:00 a.m.) If anyone decides to meet in the daytime for lunch sometime, let me know and I'll be there! :)

I'll throw out the idea of organizing a Palermo lunch Meetup this Wed night and see if there's a common day/time that works. Maybe a Sunday lunch? Are you in or near Palermo? Which area works for lunch?

Hi i have been in San Telmo for 2 wks,so not really sure about things as yet is Palermo that far from San Telmo,as i would love too meet up with you guys.

Back