Palin's performance in debate a resounding success

austin

Registered
The New York Times, in their characteristically biased way said this about last night's debate: "She (Palin) succeeded by not failing in any obvious way". The truth is that her performance was a resounding success. I am not a great admirer of the woman but I have to give her credit. She debated a veteran, establishment US senator (I believe 36 years in the US Senate!) and came out ahead. Biden stood by with a ridiculous Cheshire cat grin while Palin gave intelligent, poised answers to the questions. By the way, the interviewer has written a book on Obama that will come out on inauguration day. That would seem to be a conflict of interest. This election is going to be close.

To make a vote on a candidate based on a staged debate with hundreds of hours of practise to makes sure that it is all acceptable to the public is plain stupidity.
Are the USA people so gullible to elect such a person whose track record and comments have shown complete ignorance of the world . Her brand of extreme right wing christian ideas are a danger to us all and we are staring World War in the face with her at the helm.

Check out this youtube video to best understand the person.

sara palin - Google Video

I don't think that many people will vote Republican based on last night's debate (I never suggested that) however I am sure that quite a few who have been on the fence will now see that Sarah Palin is capable of being Vice President. As for her answer to the question about newspapers, she might have said "all of the Anchorage papers" or something to that effect. She just didn't answer the question well. Biden has done the same. Remember that some months ago he called Obama "The first clean, articulate African-American candidate". Sounded a little racist to some. He just didn't think! As for Palin's Christian faith. I have no problem with that. The US has religious freedom, not an state supported religion as in Argentina. Also keep in mind that Obama belonged to an overtly racist and anti-semitic church headed by his close friend and spiritual advisor, the Rev Dr Jeremiah Wright. Dr Wright and his church gave their highest honour to Louis Farahkan, head of the US Nation of Islam. Farahkan has called Judaism a "gutter religion" and Hitler "a great man". Obama did nothing throughout this and all of his pastor's horrendous racist and anti-American statements ("God damn America" etc).

I do hope that no one will predicate his vote on the two vice-presidential candidates: the possibility that John McCain would succumb to cancer (with his healthy, alert, 94-year-old mother still attending most of his major speeches?) or Barack Obama, to an assassin's bullet, before January 20, 2013, is remote indeed.

The differences between McC. and Oba' are significant in style and even in substance. It's to those that, I expect, each thinking voter will be looking.

In her interview with Katie Couric where there was a question about Israel and Palin answer in terms of "Good Guys" and "Bad Guys", I realized she see the world in simple black and white terms just the President George Bush and his "you are with us or against us" mentality.

No debate is going to change my opinion; she is a simple minded person. In the age of complex issues with it shades of grays, simple minded people like Palin are dangerous. But give her credit she has not shot her friend while hunting like the person she trying to replace, yet.

Bill

BillfromNYC said:
In her interview with Katie Couric where there was a question about Israel and Palin answer in terms of "Good Guys" and "Bad Guys", I realized she see the world in simple black and white terms just the President George Bush and his "you are with us or against us" mentality.

I think TV kind of promotes this black and white type of thinking in general by the way how they present news:
"This is what happened. These are the good guys, these are the bad guys. Everything is clear. Our 15 seconds are over. Now back to the commercial break". :)

igor said:
I think TV kind of promotes this black and white type of thinking in general by the way how they present news:
"This is what happened. These are the good guys, these are the bad guys. Everything is clear. Our 15 seconds are over. Now back to the commercial break".

More importantly, a certain kind of candidate -- the kind that sees the world in black-and-white terms -- plays well on American television. This is where Palin-types get their appeal from. And for sure there are tens of millions of American yokels, undereducated and infantile in their responses, who will feel the attraction of a dangerously simple message delivered by a bonehead like Palin.

All American mass culture promotes a good guys vs. bad guys, shoot first and ask questions later, "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" sort of thinking. Subtlety isn't part of the American psyche (more's the pity). Hardly surprising, then, that the people's tribunes also largely fit the same mold as the great American booboisie.

Bigbadwolf, do you honestly think that the allegedly cerebral OBAMA will change US foreign policy? Do you think that US policy vis a vis Israel will change under an Obama administration?

I thought the VP debates were better than the Presidential debates. At least both candidates were looking at each other. Palin did a good job of not looking ridiculous and sound more confident. Biden did a good job of attacking McCain on his record. This will be a close race.

So you want to be the leader of the free world. So you say joe six pack and soccer/hockey mom enough and your ready?

She is pathetic. Every poll shows she is not believed to be ready for the job. She "didnt blink" when asked to be VP. Well if she didnt she is an egomaniac or stupid. We already have that with Bush/Cheney. If she wins then the American people have lost their mind.

What paper do you read? Cant answer. What supreme court opinion other than Roe v. Wade can you discuss. Cant. How about Exxon????

She took 6 years and 5 junior colleges and universities to get thru. I do not need another Slacker in Chief like Bush who has nearly destroyed our economy and clearly has caused American prestige around the world to go down the toilet.

I would go on but its just a joke. At least we will not have to listen to Barrack and Biden say nuculear like Bush and Palin seem to like. I do not want someone to run the country that the average american wants to have a beer with. How about someone who has a brain for a change. And dont get me started with McCain fifth from the bottom of his class, dump my crippled wife while picking up the rich blonde.

Being shot down doesnt mean you have the right to be president.

Back