Pan Dulce Don't You Think The Prices Are A Bit Crazy?

I used to buy a good pan dulce for Christmas but I think the prices are out of control. For a good one1 KILO $200pesos and even more.
Has anyone found a good one with abudant fruits and nuts at a reasonable price?

I'm not sure there's any such thing as a good fruitcake. They're more appealing to look at than they are to eat.

I was able to have a couple of Argentinian pandulce and they were closer to Pan Dolce from Genova (a local thing in Genoa and Liguria) than to Panettone from Milan (now widespread across all Italy). So, don't be scared to try the latter if you have the chance! It is more fluffy and less loaded with stuff. I tried Pandulce in Italy only once and I can't really remember its taste, however I read the recipe and I believe here in Argentina they use a modified version (with more exotic fruit, less candied fruit and different aromas).

I made pandoro myself. I managed to get a decent result by replacing 10% of the flour amount of the recipe with gluten (found "in polvo" in a dietetica shop). The raising times where 30% slower than the ones in the original recipe I followed (the one I used also back home), but overall I was very satisfied with the result.
Next, I am gonna try to make pizza dough again by using 10% of gluten.

9lao1z.jpg

spkdbn.jpg

Pan dulce is horrible.

But this thread inspired me to do some New Years baking

Stöllen

All filled and shaped up, ready to rise again then into the oven

2lv1u14.jpg

Fresh from the oven or reheated with some marscapone on top? thats what I call a good breakfast.

I was able to have a couple of Argentinian pandulce and they were closer to Pan Dolce from Genova (a local thing in Genoa and Liguria) than to Panettone from Milan (now widespread across all Italy). So, don't be scared to try the latter if you have the chance! It is more fluffy and less loaded with stuff. I tried Pandulce in Italy only once and I can't really remember its taste, however I read the recipe and I believe here in Argentina they use a modified version (with more exotic fruit, less candied fruit and different aromas).

I made pandoro myself. I managed to get a decent result by replacing 10% of the flour amount of the recipe with gluten (found "in polvo" in a dietetica shop). The raising times where 30% slower than the ones in the original recipe I followed (the one I used also back home), but overall I was very satisfied with the result.
Next, I am gonna try to make pizza dough again by using 10% of gluten.

9lao1z.jpg

spkdbn.jpg

Not as good as your PanDoro but fills the spot :cool: ... Budin Valente Limon $15 pesos...!! at your favorite Chino..!

budin%20valente%20lim%C3%B3n.jpg

Back