Paraguay V Argentina, Lifestyle And Taxes

Thanks again for the input.

Home insurance - Isn't that only required for mortgages? If I pay cash it should not be required. Like medical insurance, it's of no use to me.

Medical - Other than early year vaccinations, I've almost never gone to the hospital or used medicine.

Vehicle - I don't drive much. Oil change should be twice a year. Tire change once every 5 years. But I don't know much about cars so I'll bump it up to 2k a month which comes out to 4% of its brand new value (600k vehicle).

School supplies - computer should last 3 years on average. So 1 computer a year is more than enough. They don't even each need their own so this is a splurge.

Clothes - This one I have experience with and I've raised the budget by 50%. If prices are so bad in Argentina I would buy in Asia.

Food - According to this article the typical cost of food for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) is 6k ARS. My budget is 18k ARS.
http://www.infobae.c...a-buenos-aires/
Some commentators disagree while others say it's close. I doubt it's off by a factor of 3. And I don't see how 18k can be too little when there are plenty of families with incomes of less than 30k/month who manage.

Here's the new budget, including childcare and income taxes. What do you think?

Your estimate is great as first approach( minus/plus 20 % ?)

Well its unique not to Insure the House and Contents for fire,

floods and or theft , plus no medical coverage , so well it your choice

well if you buy the Computers and clothing in Asia its OK . Here a notebook runs like $15,000 pesos

About food 18,000 pesos for food for 5 people works out to $30 pesos per meal average. (US$1,87 per meal)
18,000/30 = 600 now 600/ 20 = 30. Four meals a day for 5 people....!

NOTE ;ONE CHICKEN BREAST IS $40 PESOS.

YOUR QUOTED ARTICLE FROM INFOBAE RECEIVED VERY NEGATIVE COMMENTS SUCH AS;

$200 pesos por dia una familia tipo ?????? como se nota que los que esribieron el informe son solteros y viven todavia con mama y papa ,con esa plata con suerte haces una comida realmente les pregunto estan fumados ?????

In English summary " $200 pesos is enoug for ONE meal of a family of four !! What are these guys smoking

<p>
Your estimate is great as first approach( minus/plus 20 % ?)

Well its unique not to Insure the House and Contents for fire,

floods and or theft , plus no medical coverage , so well it your choice

well if you buy the Computers and clothing in Asia its OK . Here a notebook runs like $15,000 pesos

About food 18,000 pesos for food for 5 people works out to $30 pesos per meal average. (US$1,87 per meal)
18,000/30 = 600 now 600/ 20 = 30. Four meals a day for 5 people....!

NOTE ;ONE CHICKEN BREAST IS $40 PESOS.

YOUR QUOTED ARTICLE FROM INFOBAE RECEIVED VERY NEGATIVE COMMENTS SUCH AS;

$200 pesos por dia una familia tipo ?????? como se nota que los que esribieron el informe son solteros y viven todavia con mama y papa ,con esa plata con suerte haces una comida realmente les pregunto estan fumados ?????

In English summary " $200 pesos is enoug for ONE meal of a family of four !! What are these guys smoking

The purpose of paying for insurance is to shield oneself from rare catastrophes with life-changing consequences. The insurance company charges a premium for assuming the risk. Losing a 100-150k house in a fire would not be life-changing so I have no reason to pay a company to assume said risk. The odds of that happening are minuscule anyhow. As for theft? I'd have to work out the numbers but I doubt theft insurance would be good value.

Well, the the comments are mixed.

señora decir que un sueldo de 30000 es una miseria es una falta de respeto para la mayoria de los argentinos que debemos llegar a fin de mes con mucho menos, en mis casa vivimos 6 personas, no llegamos a $ 30000 y si bien no me sobra un peso a fin de mes no considero que mi vida sea miserable, sera cuestion de dejar de hacer gastos innecesarios y aprender a administrar lo que se tiene, nada mas que eso.

$4500 por mes en comida viviendo sola es que vas de restaurant en restaurant o vivis a delivery. En mi casa somos 3 y no llegamos a ese numero....
Y la mayoria de los solteros alquilan un monoambiente, no una casa/depto familiar de 3 ambientes.
Yo creo que con los $13910 que esas nombrando, un soltero puede vivir bastante bien alquilando.

Cambia mucho si los findes te vas a comer con familia. Pero supongamos que para que estes comodo y comas lo que tengas ganas yo creo que con 1500 a 2000 pesos de super maximo estas bien. (estoy considerando productos de limpieza, baño, etc tambien)

https://preciosmundi...os-supermercado

With about 450 pesos a day, each person could have 200g of the following: meat, chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, rice, potatoes, bread, bananas, oranges, apples.

That's 2 kilos of food.

Plus 2 eggs and half a liter of milk.

<p>

The purpose of paying for insurance is to shield oneself from rare catastrophes with life-changing consequences. The insurance company charges a premium for assuming the risk. Losing a 100-150k house in a fire would not be life-changing so I have no reason to pay a company to assume said risk. The odds of that happening are minuscule anyhow. As for theft? I'd have to work out the numbers but I doubt theft insurance would be good value.

Well, the the comments are mixed.

señora decir que un sueldo de 30000 es una miseria es una falta de respeto para la mayoria de los argentinos que debemos llegar a fin de mes con mucho menos, en mis casa vivimos 6 personas, no llegamos a $ 30000 y si bien no me sobra un peso a fin de mes no considero que mi vida sea miserable, sera cuestion de dejar de hacer gastos innecesarios y aprender a administrar lo que se tiene, nada mas que eso.

$4500 por mes en comida viviendo sola es que vas de restaurant en restaurant o vivis a delivery. En mi casa somos 3 y no llegamos a ese numero....
Y la mayoria de los solteros alquilan un monoambiente, no una casa/depto familiar de 3 ambientes.
Yo creo que con los $13910 que esas nombrando, un soltero puede vivir bastante bien alquilando.

Cambia mucho si los findes te vas a comer con familia. Pero supongamos que para que estes comodo y comas lo que tengas ganas yo creo que con 1500 a 2000 pesos de super maximo estas bien. (estoy considerando productos de limpieza, baño, etc tambien)

https://preciosmundi...os-supermercado
Meat is by far the most expensive. 200 grams a day is certainly sufficient.
Ternera (1kg) (cadera o similar) 125,00$

The article from INFOBAE you quoted is a year old March 2016...? Must add 40 % inflation...!!!

Well seem your idea is to work quoting obsolete media..! Good luck...!

I give you every day up to date costs, the Ternera for $125 per kilo seems low for a good cut, use $160 depending on the super. 200 grs are $40 pesos each or $200 pesos that day in meat ONLY.. :rolleyes:

For FOOD for one person its not possible to get along for less than $150 pesos a day today at the super.

Well, 2% on assets per year is a complete killer. My figure of 40k/year comes from a reasonable albeit conservative 2% ROI on a 2M portfolio (including real estate, stocks, metals, etc.). In my opinion, people have to be lucky to get 4% a year.

On top of that, they will charge a tax on the income generated? 20% or so?

My entire expected income would be taken.

I'm guessing no Argentinos actually pay this 2%.

No Argentine is going to do any kind of investment for a 2% per year when the bank, the stocks or the bonds are paying a lot more. For example, the lebacs pays 22%.

https://igdigital.com/2017/01/lebacs-2017-aun-conservaran-su-atractivo/

Plus the inflation is 30/40 percent in usd.

Are you sure that you are not trolling?

The article from INFOBAE you quoted is a year old March 2016...? Must add 40 % inflation...!!!

Well seem your idea is to work quoting obsolete media..! Good luck...!

I give you every day up to date costs, the Ternera for $125 per kilo seems low for a good cut, use $160 depending on the super. 200 grs are $40 pesos each or $200 pesos that day in meat ONLY.. :rolleyes:

For FOOD for one person its not possible to get along for less than $150 pesos a day today at the super.

http://www.infobae.com/2016/03/17/1797763-cuanto-gasta-una-familia-tipo-comida-dia-buenos-aires/
JUEVES 17 DE MARZO 2016

https://preciosmundi.com/argentina/precios-supermercado
Actualizados en marzo de 2017.

Sorry about that. I did not notice. If prices have gone up 40% as you say then it would be about 7.5k/month.

What do you think is a reasonable food budget for 5?

Basic basic no imported prods. no filet mignon , shopping on discount days, using credit card discounts, saving coupons, 2x1 days... jejej no ice cream $ 18,000 pesos per month a rough guess. Lots of staples and Carbos, No huge steaks or barbies, Lots of tuna fish casseroles and potatoes au gratin, Risotto milanese. Bread Pudding . :rolleyes:

Unless you go to the Central Market 15 kmts away

Back