Parents citizenship through child born in Argentina

wiss

Registered
Hello,

Can anyone advise me for a lawyer who could help me to get first of all citizenship for my child(I believe this is straigthforward) and then how the parents could get citizenship, or at least permanent residency. We do not live in Argentina but we plan to travel to have our child born there.

Can anyone advise me for a lawyer who could help me to get first of all citizenship for my child(I believe this is straigthforward) and then how the parents could get citizenship, or at least permanent residency. We do not live in Argentina but we plan to travel to have our child born there.

This thread should provide some useful information: Citizenship for parents of Argentinian born children

Although not required by law (it may actually be expressly forbidden), having an attorney who can deal with a judge who insists that the baby have a DNI before accepting the citizenship case (as mentioned in the thread) will probably expedite the process.

PS: Bajo_cero2 (aka Christian Rubliar) is a lawyer who specializes in citizenship.

Steveinbsas, thank you for your reply. I have emailed some lawyers and I'm waiting for their replies. I read in a different website, that I need to bring with me a police clearance legalized in the Argentina embassy. Is that true? If yes, I wonder if I will face some issues going back to the embassy with police clearance after I got from them a tourist visa. Any advice?

Or apostilled. Where are you from?
Someone else can do it after you are admitted in Ar.

I have been living in Qatar for 5 years. This is the first time I heard about this word "Apostille". I think I can get the police clearance legalized by the foreign ministery. And I found out that some private agencies can , but I m not really certain, do the apostille. Is it possible to do it in Argentina instead?

I have been living in Qatar for 5 years. This is the first time I heard about this word "Apostille". I think I can get the police clearance legalized by the foreign ministery. And I found out that some private agencies can , but I m not really certain, do the apostille. Is it possible to do it in Argentina instead?

I got the police clearance and birth certificates legalized by the foreign ministry. Now, Instead of going back with the papers to the argentina embassy, will the authentication from my country's embassy in Argentina be sufficient.

El Cordobes did the process and wrote extensively on this forum about it. Start reading.

Back