Parents visiting

nomadchica

Registered
My parents are coming to BA for 2 weeks and want to stick around the area. Can anyone recommend some parent friendly activities other than the typical tango show, city tour etc?

Thanks!!!

Thats pretty vague.
What do they like?

I am a parent, in my late 50's.
I like techno and punk rock, avante garde art, fuggazetta, the architecture at the zoo, choripan, the Pulgas, and military museums.

But I kinda doubt your parents have the same tastes as I do.

There are tons of cultural events, always- at all the CC's, like Recoleta or Borges, there are films, theater, dance, music, and art shows constantly.
Great museums in every barrio.
There are walking tours of the Recoleta Cemetery, or up to the top of Palacio Barolo.
http://www.pbarolo.com.ar/

Of course, some parents like Malls.

My parents loved the Mataderos Feria and my dad is already demanding I take him again on his next visit. The only downside is it's pretty damn far. My boyfriend drove us. The food is amazing and they have more options than other ferias, tamales, empanadas tucumanas, locro and of course parilla options. There are gaucho games and regional music and dances. I prefer it to the other ferias cause it has a lot more from all of Argentina rather than just Buenos Aires.

http://www.feriademataderos.com.ar/

I am looking for something more low key than punk (ja ja ries), but also something where they wont have to drive. i can only imagine them on the roads of BA. Gigeridoo - good call. Someone else suggested Teatro Colon to me last night. I will add it to the list! I appreciate all your suggestions and am definitely open to more!!!

I recommend they buy a few guide books before the come. They always have good walking tours in them. Also, last year when friends visited us, they took the tour bus that you can get on and off, and loved it.
Nancy

nomadchica said:
My parents are coming to BA for 2 weeks and want to stick around the area. Can anyone recommend some parent friendly activities other than the typical tango show, city tour etc?

Thanks!!!

Tren de la costa to Tigre, boat trip to el gato blanco for lunch...appreciated by all ages but especially older types. No need to book lunch on these "cold " winter days. If the weather is fine you can eat outside and watch the rich arrive in their cruisers.

Panamerican Hotel is nice. The bar on the top has good views of the city. Maybe the Palermo flea market if they like buying (nice) junk.

Forget the Tango shows, take them to Belgrano on a Sunday evening after seven and sit on the grass watching real tango at La Glorieta.
Take a bottle of wine and some empanadas just soak up the atmosphere, best free show in the city.

Back