Pastrami On Rye Anyone...??

Please include Nate & Als in Beverly Hills.

o.jpg

My first post. Mishiguene ( yiddish word for crazy ) Lafinur 3368.
Went there for lunch, they had a Pastrami piled on top of a potato pancake. It was a very unusual and tasty dish. I have a picture but can't figure how to attach it.

Sorry to be a Nazi here (like that irony?), but mishiguene is actually the Spanish version of meshugeneh, which is indeed Yiddish.

Oh, and Kenny & Ziggy's in Houston is a great deli as well!

Thanks Wine Guy, I thought that was a made up spelling. The first few times we ate there I was in love, but by the 3rd & 4th they were sooo full of themselves, became rude & the food not so great any more, I don't think we'll go back.
Nancy

I have been Jonesing for some pastrami lately. On the suggestion put forth on this group I went to Malvón yesterday. It was OK, but it was not what I think of when I think of a pastrami (i.e., Katz like flavor). Has anyone been to both Malvón & La Crespo? It is quite a long haul for me to get to La Crespo, but I'd make the trip if the taste at La Crespo is closer to Katz.

Actually, if you really want to get technical, meshugeneh is the English spelling of the Yiddish word - since actual Yiddish is written in the Hebrew alphabet....

משוגע

Thanks for the educational information...!

Yiddish (Google) OOppss. no spaces?

aHighGermanlanguagewithanadmixtureofvocabularyfrom theSlaviclanguages,writteninHebrewletters,andspokenmainly byJewsineasternandcentralEuropeandbyJewishemigrantsfrom theseregionsandtheirdescendants.

Maw, I have not been to Malvon, only to La Crespo, as I said before the meat is very good, but the bread and mustard are not perfect. Also meshugenuh is very good, the service stinks however.
Nancy

Best pastrami is at Rut's catering in Villa Crespo ( take away only ) not fancy buuuuuuuuuuuuut being born and raised in Villa Kreplaj, I can tell you this is the place to go for your fix : Loyola 211 and of course El Ciervo de Oro ( wow I die for a thick 2 cm slice of their hot pastrami right now! )

Back