Pay for cleaners

cbphoto

Veteran
I have to agree with Ramon... Mike and Marie are perfect for each other... M&M, how sweet a little sheltered world you have made for yourself...Any "green" ones in your little jar...or you too busy reaming your cleaner?
 

marie

Member
"cbphoto" said:
I have to agree with Ramon... Mike and Marie are perfect for each other... M&M, how sweet a little sheltered world you have made for yourself...Any "green" ones in your little jar...or you too busy reaming your cleaner?
You are right we are made for each other that is why he decided to come to live here to marry me and to live and work here.BTW, are you from High Class like Ramon??? taking money out from the Poor and Middle Class???Have you experience the living standard life outside BA downtown??? In our world there are lots of people who think like us, we are open to everybody and we have many friends everywhere. BTW, I am a member of a church and receive donations ( no money please) for those in need, want to collaborate? We do not want to be rich, we just work and live. Your jar may be full , isn't it? then give some to the ones in need.

BTW, if you gave her a 200 % raise I want to know if you have her legally as law demand here. Paying the DGI taxes and giving her a health care service.
 

cbphoto

Veteran
LOL... am I high class? Do I take money from the middle and lower classes? I have been "arguing" with you 2 for days about paying your maid a living wage... I have heard seemingly every lame excuse, why you can't share 20$ a month more with your maid... not one tells me that you financially can not afford it....to recap.. 30 000$ of camera and computer equipment...just bought a Canon Mark III for 8000$...own your property...earn much more than the locals, 40 000$ or more a year... going to do some remodeling on your house... illegal aliens are thieves... can't trust cleaners or the working class... they like to steal from foreigners.... etc etc etcYou sure do share much information about your "wealth"... even the cross streets, of where you both "live".... I guess you are, in essence, what you despise most.....
 

Celia

Veteran
Why is it that the people bragging in such a grandiose way about how much they pay their cleaners seem to be the ones only employing them for 2 hours a week!! It's very easy to be so generous in these circumstances, but don't make the mistake of thinking you are the cleaner's bread and butter. You don't even have to pay AFIP towards their healthcare...
 

Mike1

Active Member
"cbphoto" said:
to recap.. 30 000$ of camera and computer equipment...just bought a Canon Mark III for 8000$...own your property...earn much more than the locals, 40 000$ or more a year... going to do some remodeling on your house... illegal aliens are thieves... can't trust cleaners or the working class... they like to steal from foreigners.... etc etc etc
Note sent, and do the math. This is my job and this is how I do things. Everything is explained there. My business expenses are not exactly on the cheap side either. Not to mention other responsibilities at home and other things that I have to take care of as a permanent resident of this country.
 

cbphoto

Veteran
Celia: Interesting that you would say that I am bragging & not mention the real braggers...I thought that Mike and Marie seem to be bragging about their wealth... seem to be bragging that they pay their maid 7 pesos...... I don't even need a maid... I clean up my own place... I pay her 14.50 an hour... is that bragging? Ohhhh I am so rich that I can pay my maid a living wage...ohhh I am so cool :p
...and now you question if she is legal? Do I pay her health insurance? Does she pay taxes?.... but you think 7 pesos is plenty pay... do you people hear your selves???
 

Mike1

Active Member
I'm not bragging about anything. The topic evolved into an economical issue because some of you do not believe that people could survive on this type of income. I'm just doing what is just and fair for me, my family, and my right to live here. By the way our cleaning lady is not an illegal either, we paid her $35 pesos a week for 4 hours. Ask any Argentinian if you paid $60 pesos a week crazy or not. It's just the way things work here.
 

marie

Member
"cbphoto" said:
LOL... am I high class? Do I take money from the middle and lower classes? I have been "arguing" with you 2 for days about paying your maid a living wage... I have heard seemingly every lame excuse, why you can't share 20$ a month more with your maid... not one tells me that you financially can not afford it....to recap.. 30 000$ of camera and computer equipment...just bought a Canon Mark III for 8000$...own your property...earn much more than the locals, 40 000$ or more a year... going to do some remodeling on your house... illegal aliens are thieves... can't trust cleaners or the working class... they like to steal from foreigners.... etc etc etcYou sure do share much information about your "wealth"... even the cross streets, of where you both "live".... I guess you are, in essence, what you despise most.....
Just if the Government rises teachers' salaries from 7 pesos an hour to 20, don't you think?


LMAO another one with reading comprehension problems... where did I say I am wealthy?????? Is an ordinary teacher who works for a State school here wealthy??Please read my postings carefully .I just give the woman who cleans here what everybody here pays which is the same I earn for an hour of teaching. And I am earning the same as her but with the difference that I had to studied hard to earn the same.What is more... when the woman who cleans here first came I asked her how much I should pay for her help. It is not that I decided how much I should pay. She set the price and I accepted. BTW, I also give her food and clothes I do not longer wear. And EVERYBODY here does the same, you are not the only one who gives an extra cent. As Celia says we are not the only ones who ask for cleaners and most of the times they set the rate to be paid. I am an ordinary worker , I do not roll in Gold but still can afford to live a comfortable life. And I am a hard worker, neither Paraguayan or Bolivian as you mentioned but still I work from 7.30 am to 7pm from Mon to Fri and without stopping.
 

tangobob

Veteran
Time to stop slagging each other off. All this boils down to respect, you pay what is fair no more (maybe just a little).
I have said befor that the UK was for years the poor man of Europe. We saw people from all over the world flashing their money. Good but fair tippers got respect, but those who just threw money at you like it had no value, we just thought were as....es. Now we have a strong economy I find myself in Argentina in the same position, and at times have overtipped, a little thought is all that is required.
 
Top