Paying expensas, etc. Mercado pagó rappi uala lemon

DomoDomo

Registered
I have an apartment which I visit once or twice a year. My wife has a DNi. We currently have a friend paying out utilities, expensas. Without opening a bank account what is the best way for us to pay these bills? I have searched uala, rappi, lemon, Mercado Pago but have not found a good answer. Thanks!

Thanks!

If you're not in the country and you don't have an Argentine card, aka bank account, then you better stay good friends with the person in Argentina. You can also use a foreign card.. with the oficial exchange rate of course.

If your wife has a DNI, she can open a Mercado Pago account. You don’t need to physically be in Argentina to open it but you need a CUIT, which I assume your wife has.

It effectively works as an Argentine bank account; you even get an alias/CVU (a “virtual” CBU) which works just as a CBU.

The only issue I’ve had or heard of so far is you can’t send money via Western Union to a CVU (WU requires a CBU). So the only way of topping up your account from abroad, as far as I know, would be to send ARS vía Western Unión to your friend’s local bank account, and he can then do a domestic transfer to your Mercado Pago account (it’s free of charge).

Here’s another idea: if you come here once or twice a year, you can also top up your MP account in cash, at any Rapipago or Pago Fácil, and just keep the balance you need until your next visit.

Here’s another idea: if you come here once or twice a year, you can also top up your MP account in cash, at any Rapipago or Pago Fácil, and just keep the balance you need until your next visit.
Better put in 3 or 4 times the amount you'll need for the year. Inflation is a bitch.

You can pay your expenses with Mercado Pago, if you have the invoice. With your wife's DNI you can open the account without problems.

Perhaps the easiest without a bank account is a combination of Lemon and MercadoPago. You would send cryptocurrency to Lemon from the exterior (Coinbase, Binance) and then sell to pesos within Lemon, and then transfer via CVU to MercadoPago--which has a utility-paying function by searching company name, typing the amount or invoice number, and paying.

Both of these accounts are created are via apps and require DNI and selfie. If your app store cannot find them, change your location or attempt via VPN connection, APK, or Aurora store. Lemon also will send you a card. Send it to your friend and ask him to keep it safe or destroy it.

Perhaps the easiest without a bank account is a combination of Lemon and MercadoPago. You would send cryptocurrency to Lemon from the exterior (Coinbase, Binance) and then sell to pesos within Lemon, and then transfer via CVU to MercadoPago--which has a utility-paying function by searching company name, typing the amount or invoice number, and paying.

Both of these accounts are created are via apps and require DNI and selfie. If your app store cannot find them, change your location or attempt via VPN connection, APK, or Aurora store. Lemon also will send you a card. Send it to your friend and ask him to keep it safe or destroy it.

better to do peer to peer transfer of crypto via binance direct to a digital bank (uala/brubank/mercardo pago). lemon most likely comes under argentinas (afip) jurisdiction and is an unnecessary extra step.

better to do peer to peer transfer of crypto via binance direct to a digital bank (uala/brubank/mercardo pago). lemon most likely comes under argentinas (afip) jurisdiction and is an unnecessary extra step.
I agree with you that peer to peer is better...but it also isn't as easy. Lemon conversion has a nice, simple interface (and offers cashback if the card is used directly). OP did mention Lemon as an account of interest.

Also, I think Lemon partnered up with El Salvador regarding the custody of virtual assets to get out of jurisdiction, so I don't think the AFIP is too bothered with the entrance, just once the pesos hit the destination account.

Can you please recommend some similar and reliable service if one in no case wants to send selfies?

Back