Paying The Overstay Fee At 4Am?

NoVegetables

Registered
Hey Guys, quick question...

I have a flight out of Ezezia at 6am. I'm going to have to pay the overstay fee which i'm prepared to do, but something tells me with this being Argentina, no one will be there to accept payment until regular business hours. Has anyone payed the fee that early in morning? Or know if its even possible?

I hear I can pay it in advance at Banco de La Nacion, does anyone know how I go about doing that?

Thanks guys. The online system does not work. I tried, it lets you create a user account, but then nothing. I'm going to head over to migraciones to be on the safe side. I would hate to miss my flight for something like this.

Thanks guys. The online system does not work. I tried, it lets you create a user account, but then nothing. I'm going to head over to migraciones to be on the safe side. I would hate to miss my flight for something like this.

The online system does not work? Why am I not surprised?

i've missed a flight for same type bs. now migraciones tells me you have to pay the fee and then you have 10 days to leave the country. i'm in mendoza

So the short answer is yes. You can pay it at 4am at Ezezia. Imigraciones and Banco de Nacion are open 24hrs.

Would you mind letting me know how it goes and how much you paid? I have to do the same sort of thing in a couple of months. I just want to make sure I can pay the overstaying fee at the airport when I leave and not have to visit immigraciones. Thanks!

It's the standard $300 pesos. You go to the migraciones office in the airport. Do this first before going to the check in desk, because the airlines aren't technically supposed to let you checkin til you've paid. Migraciones gives you a sheet of paper, you take it to the bank, which is also in the airport, and pay 300 pesos. Go back to migraciones, they stamp the sheet of paper give you half of it then your done. Go check in and make your flight. The whole thing was about 5 minutes, but then again it was 4:30am.

Hey folks,

There is another option for paying the overstay fee if you want to pay before getting to Ezeiza or if you are exiting the country somewhere other than Ezeiza (Ezeiza is the only airport / border crossing where you can pay it. Otherwise you must pay in advance. The online system still doesn't work)

Today I went to the little Migraciones office at the Retiro bus station (it is near bridge 5 (or platform 62), upstairs).
I lined up and got the "bure ballot" piece of paper at the first window, then I went to a booth right next door, 5 metres away, to pay the fee (it is still $300), then I went back to the original window where they stamped it and I signed it (you don't have to "re lineup" to get the stamp and sign so it doesn't take long).
With this option you do not need to go to a Banco de la Nation in order to pay (and then return to the migraciones office to get it stamped / signed) as it says you do on the Migraciones website.

I didn't need any copies of tickets nor copies of my passport neither. (Just the original of my passport obviously).
Whole thing, including the lineup took about 30 minutes.

Now I have the paid fee in my hot little hand before my flight via Ezeiza on Friday and don't have to risk any dramas on the day. The fee is valid for 10 days.

The lady asked me why I just don't pay it at Ezeiza on Friday, but I just said I don't want any problems on the day. She gave me a disbelieving odd look. :mellow:

It is a good option if you have stayed for more than 90 days and are exiting Argentina somewhere other than Ezeiza and must prepay (or, if you are like me and want to take care of it before arriving at Ezeiza).
I wanted to avoid the big migraciones office, where you can do the same thing, as I have been there once and never want to return.

I am flying out Friday morning for good. It's been a great 15 months, but its time to go home now. I'll stay tuned into the forum and all the happenings in BA and Argentina. I may return depending on how life pans out.
I do now foster a dream of retiring by a lake in Neuquen, one of my favourite places in the world so far.

Back