Paying The Overstay Multa At Eze

sashababa

Registered
Hola todos!

I will leave on Tuesday and I will need to pay the overstay multa when I go. My flight is at 9:30 pm. I know I need to go pay the fine and that the Banco de la Nacion is part of the process. Does anyone know how late the bank is open? I'm trying to figure out how early I need to get to EZE.

Saludos!
Sasha

It's been many years since I had to pay that fine, but the day I did, it was a long process.
  • First I had to wait in a line to get the paperwork to pay the fine.
  • Then I had to wait in a long line at the bank to pay the fine and get a receipt.
  • Then I had to go back and wait in the first line again with the bank receipt to get an authorization to leave.
If that process hasn't changed, I would get there very early, just to be safe. I was in those lines for a total of about 2 hours. I got there 4 hours early that day and almost missed my flight (although I had an extra problem, because migraciones told me that I wouldn't need to pay the fine, but when I got to the airport and tried to get my boarding pass, I discovered that migraciones didn't know what they were talking about).

I'm not sure when it closes but it doesn't close at 3 like the banks in the city. I had to pay the fine before my 9:30 flight this January and the process was super fast. It was the exact same procedure than AmigoArtistico explains so it's probably a matter of luck I suppose. I was lucky and had no line to get the paperwork and then turn in the bank receipt and the bank line itself was just 2 people long. But I would budget more time just in case, better early than sorry!

Go to migraciones ahead of time with your ticket in hand and get it done there, or at the small migrations office in Buquebus.

Banco la Nacion at the airport I believe is open at all times -- I've never seen it closed -- this site claims 24hrs, but not sure, I would think after last flight arrives for the day it closes for at least a few hours.

En el Aeropuerto Internacional de Ezeiza, el Banco Nación -ubicado en Arribos de la Terminal A- realiza cambio de moneda durante las 24 horas.
http://www.airportnewsezeiza.com/paginas/servicios/cambio.html

I'm not sure when it closes but it doesn't close at 3 like the banks in the city. I had to pay the fine before my 9:30 flight this January and the process was super fast. It was the exact same procedure than AmigoArtistico explains so it's probably a matter of luck I suppose. I was lucky and had no line to get the paperwork and then turn in the bank receipt and the bank line itself was just 2 people long. But I would budget more time just in case, better early than sorry!

Same with me - I had a night flight (midweek) & the whole process took about 20 mins - it's all in one corner of Ezezia - paper work station & bank. That was 4-5 months ago.

Back