Paying the overstay fine at Ezeiza

SaraSara said:
It is only for tourist visas, but for personal reasons I had to use my US passport.

So let me guess, you married an American and are now divorced?

Yes, well, this is all very interesting, but...

I was wondering if anyone has tried to pay the fine late at night? I'm just a little worried that some wacky funboy at immigrations will tell me that I have to come back in the morning when the office is open and I'll miss my flight or something.

My other question was whether it's possible to pay it before I go out to the airport?

Diskosis said:
My other question was whether it's possible to pay it before I go out to the airport?

There is a place to pay the fine and extend the visa, but I don't have the address. It was posted someplace in this forum. I'll try to find it.

This is what I saw:
"flippinkittin
user_offline.gif

Newcomer

alt3_tl.gif
alt3_tr.gif
icon1.gif

There is also an office at Av. Antartida Argentina 1355 where you can renew your visa once before having to leave the country again. It takes a while, and they are open from 7:30-2 so it is best to get there early."

I believe if you pay the overstay fine at migraciones you then have ten days to leave the country or you will have to pay again.

Paying at the airport is probably easier and faster...and doesn't require a separate trip to migraciones (or anywhere else).

syngirl said:
1) Check-in with your airline -- really, you say hello to them and then they send you down to

2) Immigrations, at the opposite end of the airport, near where you exit arrivals

3) Fill out a form 5x at Immigrations

4) Go to the bank and pay the fine

5) Take back receipt to Immigrations to show you paid

6) Fill in another form 2x acknowleding you overstayed

7) Take receipts all the way back to the check-in desk and finish your check-in

It involves a lot of walking around. It depends on who you are flying with of course, AA is the farthest away from immigration I think. Because of the walking you need a good 20 mins extra time. If there's a bunch of people in line at the Bank make sure to talk to the security guys because the others may just be in line to pay customs fees.

Back