Paying Twice For A Visa??

She should call up her credit card company and/or bank, and request that they do a charge-back. If she explains the circumstances (i.e., she was forced to pay for something that she didn't need), she'll likely get her money back. This is probably the easiest way.

That's probably worth a try, but she might get herself on Moreno's blacklist.

A friend of mine was just forced off the plane in Peru en route to Buenos Aires (SFO-EZE) -- she had forgotten to print out her proof of payment slip so they wouldn`t let her fly, she ended up having to go print it out and then wait until the next plane to EZE... 12 hrs later.

A friend of mine was just forced off the plane in Peru en route to Buenos Aires (SFO-EZE) -- she had forgotten to print out her proof of payment slip so they wouldn`t let her fly, she ended up having to go print it out and then wait until the next plane to EZE... 12 hrs later.

That surprises me a bit, because whenever I've changed planes in Lima they haven't even bothered to look, and I got the boarding pass at SFO.

I thought of that Bradly, if she used a credit and not debit card I will def tell her to do this. She can always prove she has 2 visas in her passport if they query it next time she comes in.

I thought of that Bradly, if she used a credit and not debit card I will def tell her to do this. She can always prove she has 2 visas in her passport if they query it next time she comes in.

Of course, if one person is successful with this, many one-time visitors may do the same , and the Argentine treasury could find itself in trouble.

Sorry to hear what happened. I had a similar problem here at Perth airport a few weeks ago, even though I was waving a British passport in front on the check in guys face he was infatuated with my Australian passport and wanted to know why I had not paid the fee! The problem was solved by a senior airline official and 2 legal extracts I had printed prior to going to the airport.

Even if she used a debit card, most banks would probably reimburse her.

I had issues with the gym Sport Club. After my year was up, they kept charging my debit card, and the wonderful folks over at Charles Schwab Bank quickly addressed the problem and refunded me the stolen funds.

By the way, a correction, the airline that made the error was TAM not LAN...

Back