PayPal transfer to Arg. & larger cash withdrawals

ejthomsonuk

Registered
Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer money into an Argentinian bank account through Pay Pal?

If not, can anyone suggest a way of transferring money from a UK credit/debit account into an Argentinian bank account?

Or...where it's possible to withdraw larger sums of pesos/dollars? Eg. Larger than the standard 1000 pesos...?

Any advice much appreciated.

Citybank's citibank cash machines let you take out more than 1000. i've heard up to 5000 but i'm not sure.

You have to make sure its not a banelco one though as they don't let you take out that much.

As for paypal find a local who'll give you pesos for your paypal transfer as there is only one way money can go in an Argy paypal account afaik.

You can have money sent from Paypal by cheque which you can cash at Banco Piano if you have have a DNI

solerboy said:
You can have money sent from Paypal by cheque which you can cash at Banco Piano if you have have a DNI

Horrible deal. First off lots of checks are stolen in the mail and second, Piano will pay him at the official dollar rate...

nikad said:
Horrible deal. First off lots of checks are stolen in the mail and second, Piano will pay him at the official dollar rate...

Yeah, he may get run over by a bus on his wasy downtown too !:rolleyes:

Best way is to transfer money to a third party in the US, and either ask them to wire you the money using xoom, or have them bring you the dollars in person.

If you need a reliable third party to bring you dollars send me a PM.

PayPal doesn't allow local transfers for the moment, but hopefully in the near future they will. They are expanding their Latin American operation and have just started allowing transfers to local accounts in Costa Rica.

It's not easy to wire the money to an Argentine bank, you have to have a DNI and fulfill certain criteria. There are special numbered codes and names for the operations, eg "ayuda familiar" or family help, in which case it must come from another family member of the account holder...."repatriacion de fondos", a resident repatriating their funds, in which case it must come from your own UK account to your own Argentine account, and so on...check first that you will be able to sign the documents for central bank to release your money otherwise it will get frozen.

Smcali23 said:
PayPal doesn't allow local transfers for the moment, but hopefully in the near future they will. They are expanding their Latin American operation and have just started allowing transfers to local accounts in Costa Rica.

i doubt CFK will let that happen.

Back