Peanut Butter, Raisins, and Spices, Oh my...

jaredwb

Registered
I was walking through Palermo today and stumbled into a little shop that sells the diet cookies, nuts, etc.

Looking a little deeper I found Peanut Butter!! And it is really really good. I only bought 1 of the 2 jars but I told the owner I was going to write on a forum about it so order more.

Apart from the Peanut Butter, they also had fantastic raisins, tons of spices, homemade jams, etc.

Nonna Sapori
Borges 1805 (corner Costa Rica)

What kind of peanut butter was it?

I've found pasta de mani at a few places. Most dietecas have it. There's a import store with mostly spices and grains in Belgrano, on Juramento y Ciudad de la paz.

The most variety I've found though is in Barrio Chino. Most stores there will have a number of the less processed light colored pasta de mani, but also have a number of more commercialized ones that are darker roasted, sweeter (think Skippy).

jaredwb said:
I was walking through Palermo today and stumbled into a little shop that sells the diet cookies, nuts, etc.

Looking a little deeper I found Peanut Butter!! And it is really really good. I only bought 1 of the 2 jars but I told the owner I was going to write on a forum about it so order more.

Apart from the Peanut Butter, they also had fantastic raisins, tons of spices, homemade jams, etc.

Nonna Sapori
Borges 1805 (corner Costa Rica)

GREAT! That's super close to where I live. Do you know the brand and price? Is it gooood shiiiiit man? I gotta get my fix :cool:

For all the hubub that I've seen on the forum, I've never had any trouble finding peanut butter here.

I've never had a problem either, although it was a fear of mine when I moved here. I made sure to pack three jars of Laura Scudders as one of the only non-clothing items I allowed myself to bring.

I think the pasta de mani is great. The only ingredient is toasted peanuts. Most dieteticas
have the pasta de mani and/or manteca de mani, the latter being a bit too sweet and creamy for my tastes. Maybe a bit too Skippy-ish?

Back