Peanut Butter

LiXueLee said:
Just a note on the Barrio Chino peanut butter selection -- while 'tis true that you can get the Chinese version of Jif very affordably there, you really have to look at expiration dates. I've seen peanut butter there over a year out of date!!
Very true, some packed items at the Chinese neighborhood are expired or just about to: read all the labels

Dietetica viamonte has a peanut butter similar to Skippy in crunchy or smooth at an ok price. They have a website if you google them.

I buy PB at any Chinese food store, and while I don't know the Chinese version of Jiff, all the Chinese stores I go to, including the one here in Congreso/Once near my house, have natural, plain, nothing added peanut butter that is fresh and great. They use it to make peanut sauce so it is always in stock.

It's always good to ask here, it's amazing the little things people have discovered over time...

I am a Flight Attendant for American Airlines and fly to Bs As every week from Miami. I also live next door to a Whole Foods. Do I need to start an export business of Peanut Butter and other wholesome delicious treats for you starving expats? LOL.....Customs at Ezeiza doesn't bother us crew members much for goods!

kre8ivelyXposed said:
I am a Flight Attendant for American Airlines and fly to Bs As every week from Miami. I also live next door to a Whole Foods. Do I need to start an export business of Peanut Butter and other wholesome delicious treats for you starving expats? LOL.....Customs at Ezeiza doesn't bother us crew members much for goods!

Can you bring me Dunkin Donuts cinnamon buns? This low carb thing is killin' me! ;)

kre8ivelyXposed....oh my God...would I have a list for you!!! Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Super Supplements, Cost Co!!!!

Okay I will back away slowly from the computer screen now....

cujodu said:
I miss TJ's terribly! But there is a brand of natural peanut butter here. I've found it in Jumbo and Disco. I don't have any right now so I can't remember the brand, but it's got some Middle Eastern writing on it, I'm not sure where it comes from but the only bad thing is it's unsalted, so I just pour salt in and mix it with the oil that has separated to the top. It's in a clear jar with a green lid, check the specialty area of Jumbo. It's also about half what the US brands are for PB here.

That's the one I buy too. The brand is Awada, I get it at the supermarket in Barrio Chino for about ARS 9 a jar.

go to disco- they have all this stuff, and other goodies from the us and the rest of gringo-landia (nutella anyone?)

:)

mini said:
I just saw peanut butter on S. Otriz between Cabrera & Gorriti on the odd side of the street. Ask for pasta de mani. It's at a middle eastern store where I just bought tahini & Greek yogurt. Don't buy the humus, it's not good.
I bought some of this peanut butter, cost 12 pesos. Not quite as tasty as Skippy, a bit bland, but if you add some salt it gives it some taste at least.

Back