Peanut Oil for Cajun Fried Turkey

RSPlayer

Registered
Does anyone know where to buy peanut oil (20-25 liters) here in BA? I brought my turkey fryer rig (from the U.S.) and even found the “original” Cajun Injector brand of marinade in Jumbo, amazing. I have fried turkeys here before, but using other oils, it is just not the same. Argentina produces peanuts and oil (primarily in Cordoba), but mostly for the export market. Any ideas?

Barrio Chino? You might have some luck in one of the supermarkets there -- there's quite a few different ones so take a wander around and maybe you'll have some luck!

It is almost imposible to get that amount: all peanut oil produced in the country is exported. You might get it in Cordoba province if you know any of the producers. I believe in Barrio Chino you can get small bottles and they are very dear.

With all of the peanuts grown in this country, I cannot believe that you cannot find Peanut Oil here! Just recently they came out with a decent peanut butter. Like the others said, small bottles can be found in Barrio Chino.

I was in Chinatown yesterday. Peanut oil is going for 35-80 (or more) pesos a liter. You have too look carefully & at different stores. A 5 liter bottle was 145 pesos.

mrisley said:
With all of the peanuts grown in this country, I cannot believe that you cannot find Peanut Oil here! Just recently they came out with a decent peanut butter. Like the others said, small bottles can be found in Barrio Chino.

yeah! tons of peanuts but I have only see one local peanut butter, whats up with that??

Back