People who write he ha hemos has etc without the "h"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did these people not know about hotkeys? It's very easy to make an ñ on most keyboards (option + n on a mac).

Anyway, without it, how would we distinguish between ano and año? (¿Hola, cuántos anos tienes? Yo tengo ...)

Correcto, but the EU heads in Brussels wanted to reduce the use of characters not available on standard keyboards. Furthermore some printers don't have Ñ as a choice..? Printouts come with a $ sign in place.

There was a TED talk -- from TED Buenos Aires of course-- where the speaker argued that the silent H and the V should be dropped. She argued that these are "classist symbols" as poor (and less educated) people are more likely to not know when to use them. Hence, she argued, they need to go.

How about you make sure everyone has access to basic education? Spanish is not even hard to spell as it is. So to that lady I say, check out English or French. Now these are hard to spell.
Let's just get rid of grammar and spelling too!

Spelling is done for - just check any WhatsApp text. Creative spelling is the new normal.

Is there an opening question mark in Macs? How about a capital ñ?

¿ - Option-?
ñ - Option-n, then n. Same as for many other accents (Option-e followed by the letter for ´, Option-` for `, Option-I for ˆ, Option-S for ß, Option-u for umlaut ( ¨ ), etc etc etc.
This is really easy enough that a special key is not needed. You commit it to muscle memory in no time.

¿ - Option-?
ñ - Option-n, then n. Same as for many other accents (Option-e followed by the letter for ´, Option-` for `, Option-I for ˆ, Option-S for ß, Option-u for umlaut ( ¨ ), etc etc etc.
This is really easy enough that a special key is not needed. You commit it to muscle memory in no time.

Ben

Where is the Option key on PC keyboard ? = Alt ? ( or other function ? ) Fn key plus letter does nothing in my PC

In my early days characters were entered as Alt 178 or similar, Alt plus numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back