Peru Beach..roller hockey..and you...

A&A

Registered
Has anyone been out to Peru beach?

What's the best way to get there, and most affordable or some combination of the two? (I don't have access to a car) Will be traveling from the City.

Is anyone playing in the Roller hockey league out there? if so can you PM me I have some questions. Thanks.:)

I've gone several times, and it's great. Going via public transportation is the best on weekends, because the roads get slammed. Maybe there is a bus that runs in the vicinity (it's in Acasusso), but I've found the easiest way to go is to catch the train to Mitre station and cross the bridge over to the Tren de la Costa. You get off the TDLC at the Barrancas station and walk across the street directly to Peru Beach. Of course, the TDLC is not the cheapest option, but it's definitely the easiest and most reliable way I've found to get there without a car. Another option is to take the train toward Tigre with a bike (if you have one) and ride out there. There are excellent bike paths along the river.

Reactions: A&A
I'm echoing what mmoon says about getting to Peru beach--the best way is taking the mitre train to the Tren de la Costa. Lovely day trip. I think it costs... 8pesos per leg? it's a prettier ride than the Mitre line, too. Otherwise the next best is a bikeride from Mitre line (I believe the stop is San Isidro)--it's easy to take your bike on the train, and fun to ride around that general area. I've never taken a bus out there, but a remise isn't too bad if you share with several friends. No idea about the hockey league, but I bet you can get info once you're out there. Enjoy!

With those options, what's the time frame?

I've never taken a bus out there, but a remise isn't too bad if you share with several friends

Yes, my friend lives out in San Isidro and I think it costs us AR$40, but I am not so sure where she is relative to Peru Beach. Plus, as we have seen and mmoon mentioned, the traffic might suck.

I am going to try the train option for sure. $16 is not so bad considering it used to cost me about U$10 for like a 7 minute taxi to the rink back home (each way).

Oh and 1 more thing...safety factor on the train coming back at night? I think games are like 8-10pm?

http://www.liveargentina.com/Argentina/Tematicos/Trenes/BsAsTrendelaCosta.htm
http://www.ohbuenosaires.com/buenosairesitinerario.htm

The first link gives you the schedule of the TDLC and I believe it should run after 10pm, and then you can hop the other train line and take it to your stop and then take your bus or taxi home from the main train station. The second gives link gives a bit more detail on the stops and how to navigate to/from TDLC. If you take the Mitre line all the way to retiro, arrival in retiro after 11pm would be the only part of the journey that would be even remotely dodgy, but even that isn't so bad--especially if you have a hockey stick to ward would-be muggers off ;)

Peru Beach do many water sports activities too,so maybe you could make a full day of it.I drive when I go there,but it,s easy to take the blue train from Retiro,get off at San Isidro,jump in a cab,about 8 pesos,and you,re there in 5 minutes.good luck

Hi, I have heard that the water at peru beach is really polluted is this true?

Hey!

I have been living in argentina for 3 and a half year, from 2001 to 2004, and been playing Rhockey @ peru beach for all that time.

One word : awsome!!!!!

i've met most of my argentinian friends there (still in touch with most of them) trainers are great, Dicky can provide you with some great affordable stuff.
I recommend you go there and check it out, tren de la costa or Remis car can get you there safely if you fear the train.

ask for Carola Villanueva, a real good player and very dear friend, she'll guide you through registration and greeting people.

also if you want to windsurf there or kitesurf, rio de la plata is polluted, but that won't kill you... it has never killed me anyways, and the shop near the entry can get you great stuff also!

I'd definitely go back there on my next trip to argentina, and reccomend this place to anybody (I was 16-20 y-o and travelling there by bike during my time there)

cheers, and enjoy!

Back