Peru Tourist Visa Query

delhihemant

Registered
Hi Folks,

I plan to visit Peru for 9/10 days in September end/October start to see Lima, Machu Pichhu, Cuzco and other nice places.

As I am from India, I would need to take a Tourist Visa before I can travel. Has anyone here applied for Peru Visa and throw some light on the Visa process - documentation required, Visa fees, where to apply, how much time it should take, should I book my travel package before applying for Visa, etc etc.

Any additional advices on how to plan 9/10 days Peru trip and good/cheap tour guides will be welcome.

Thanks.....

Hi!

It seems you can find all the info here: http://www.consulado...amitesvisa.html

First step seems to ask for an appointment at [email protected]

Then it seems it takes at least 15 days after for things to move on (so count a bit more, like 3 or 4 weeks).

EDIT: it's unclear if you already are in Argentina or not

Thanks frenchie. I have been living 'legally' in Argentina for last one year.

Unfortunately I know little spanish and the consulate website is all in spanish, no english option :-( I tried to read as much as possible but believe guys with first hand experience will be able to provide better details.

So, you mean to say that it will take 3-4 weeks to get the appointment and do the process. And might take more than a month to get the visa stamp on the passport? Looks like I am getting short of time....

It might take less time... it all depends upon which sort of visa you are looking for... I guess 2 weeks for visit visa is more then enough if everything is in order...

I don't have any first hand experience, but I would make an appointment right away so you can get the process started.

Requirements from the website:

Visa de Turista:
  1. Reservas de hotel y/o paquetes turísticos.
  2. Formulario de solicitud de visa DGC-005, debidamente llenado.
  3. Pasaporte vigente con un mínimo de tres hojas en blanco y una fotocopia.
  4. Una foto tamaño pasaporte en fondo blanco.
  5. Pasaje ida y vuelta a Perú. (Ticket electrónico o reserva).
  6. Costo: $ 180 pesos argentino
1. Hotel reservations and/or travel package.
2. Visa application form properly filled out.
3. Valid passport with a minimum of 3 blank pages and photocopy.
4. A passport size photo with white background.
5. Roundtrip ticket to Peru (electronic ticket or reservation)
6. Cost $180 Argentine pesos.​

i think it shud not take more than a week.

just show u r here legally, book refundable hotel booking, air tickets, bank balance copy and the embassy form..u shud be ok.

Back