Peso Next Week

If someone would know the movement of currencies, he would be very rich... ;) Also, are you asking for the official rate or the blue? For the official, I'd imagine the government tries to stabilize it at around 8 for the near future. For the blue, you have a general trend which goes upwards for obvious reasons, but currently banks have to sell their foreign currency reserves, which leads to the pressure we are currently seeing. I think they have time until April, but not sure how much of their currencies are already sold.

I have confidential news from a very serious source.
The peso will get reevaluated next week, so expect a Blue rate of 8 to 1!

Hurry up before it's too late!

Since I'm a nice guy, I'll take your dollars today at 9 to 1

It was the blue rate I was curious about as it seems to be falling back and wondered if there was some intervention going on.

It was the blue rate I was curious about as it seems to be falling back and wondered if there was some intervention going on.

The Central Bank launched 10 days ago a communicate (A5536) to all banks indicating they were reducing from 60% to 30% the maximum amount of USD they could have in their portfolio. This means that they had to sell around USD $3.500 millions in the open market, causing a decrease on the official rate, blue dollar, contado con liqui, etc. I haven't seen any news regarding how much they already sold and what's left, but due to the decrease in the exchange rate it had to be a lot. They have time until April I think to comply.

Back