Peso Shortage

Napoleon said:
THIS!!

Don't exchange at baggage claim.

Change money when you are just about to exiting the secured area (Banco de la Nacion on your right) or just after you exit it (by turning right and then right again and going to the backside of Banco de la Nacion).

Good advice.

You won't need coins, because you're NEVER going to take the bus.

Why are you so sure? He might want to take a walk on the wild side of urban transportation. I mean, a ride. :D

katti said:
They have been printing new 100$ notes as there has been a shortage around the end of the year

Yeah... looks like the "printing marathon" has already started. We have a tradition of being trigger-happy note printers. Normal (and probably unavoidable) next step would be to create $500s and $1000s. Could anyone with some knowledge of economics explain me why we always end up in the same inflation/printing spiral? On a brighter note (please allow me some optimism; I need it)... at least this time we managed to maintain the $100 bill as the highest for two decades, for what it's worth. A real record in my experience. We had a $1,000,000 bill when I was a kid, and had four different currencies in my lifetime so far!

Back