Pesos Or Dollars Selling Property

Gamboge

Registered
There seems to be a new set of laws regarding the purchase and sale of property which just came out a few days ago. Does anyone know how this might effect the sale of property in Ar, and if the Escritura is written in dollars or pesos and whether or not the buyer can receive payment in US dollars? How is property being transferred these days?

What source do you have for the new set of laws you just mentioned?
True, there have been moves to Pesify the property market, but generally speaking if the escritura is written in pesos, which it usually is, the actual handover of cash is usually in dollars.

There seems to be a new set of laws regarding the purchase and sale of property which just came out a few days ago. Does anyone know how this might effect the sale of property in Ar, and if the Escritura is written in dollars or pesos and whether or not the buyer can receive payment in US dollars? How is property being transferred these days?

You scared shit out of me now... Can you link anything? I couldn't find nothing except usual. If that's true, I can just the same give it to some homeless person in need!

I'm sorry for any alarm my post may have caused. An Escribano told me there was a new set of laws governing the sale and purchase of property here. I will ask him for a link or exact written reference to this. The whole discussion with this Escribano regarding this, was baroque and fog-filled to say the least, that is to say very confusing. It scared me too. I am suspicious that this may be in preparation for an attempted set up, scam of some kind. I am going to speak to several other Escribanos and get a second opinion.

Thanks to those who answered my post.

The new codigo civil came into effect the other day. There were a lot of changes to a large variety of laws.

Back