Earning dollars, spending pesos

River222

Registered
Soon, I'm going to start a good paying job working remotely with US clients. I just moved to Argentina, although I'm technically just here on a tourist Visa. What do I need to know to navigate the issues of visas, money transfers, and taxes? Is anyone else in a similar position and willing to give some pro tips?

TONS of people out there like you. I trust your client doesn't know or care you're in Argentina? If they don't care you're golden. You don't have to do anything right now. You can easily just cross the border into Uruguay every 3 months. Argentina doesn't really care. I know many people that over stayed their visa. Some for up to 2 years and they just paid a fine when they left. I personally have never stayed in Argentina illegally even one day. I always got a visa but I wouldn't recommend that for you.

Just enjoy life earning US $ and spending pesos. You don't have to worry about Argentina taxes. You'll pay taxes in the USA if you're American. Just make sure to follow all the tax laws and declare income, etc. You can get by with Western Union.

The Argentine Republic does not establish restrictions or quotas on the employment of foreigners, as long as they comply with the regulations established on immigration matters, that is, they have a valid residence permit.

The Argentine Republic does not establish restrictions or quotas on the employment of foreigners, as long as they comply with the regulations established on immigration matters, that is, they have a valid residence permit.

But the reality is Argentina has NO clue what you're doing. So just enter on a tourist visa and work for your company. No one will know and it's not worth stressing over. That's one of the things I'd do differently. When I came to Argentina I did EVERYTHING by the book and worried too much what was "legal".

NOTHING works in Argentina and it's chaotic so stop stressing about things you shouldn't be. Relax and enjoy making $US and spending pesos. Argentina can't even police their own citizens. Do you think they will care what you're doing?

The BEST advice I can give to those in your position is to relax and don't over think things. Follow a common sense approach. You can see how you like Argentina. Buenos Aires is chock full of digital nomads and it will get even busier once Milei wins. You're going to see more and more foreigners in BA. For better or worse, it's coming and prices are all going to go up. So enjoy the cheap rates for things while it lasts.

I'm in the same situation, but I can't user western union to bring my money over. Does anyone know how easy it is to turn crypto into cash here? I heard cuevas do it for a 5% fee.

I'm in the same situation, but I can't user western union to bring my money over. Does anyone know how easy it is to turn crypto into cash here? I heard cuevas do it for a 5% fee.
Why can't you use Western Union? It's simple! Yes, there are cuevas that do it. Most shouldn't be more than about 3.5%. You're not going to have any issues. Just ask your local friends. Most of them all have a source. Ping me via PM. I can hook you up with a trusted source.

Why can't you use Western Union? It's simple! Yes, there are cuevas that do it. Most shouldn't be more than about 3.5%. You're not going to have any issues. Just ask your local friends. Most of them all have a source. Ping me via PM. I can hook you up with a trusted source.

I'm not from the US or Europe so I can't pay WU with card. I'm from another latin american country and for actually sending money there are not a lot of physical locations, someone has to go and send me the money and it's not practical. My plan is to bring $2k in cash, first month airbnb with my cc, pay what I can with credit card and get some more cash with crypto as I go.

I'm not from the US or Europe so I can't pay WU with card. I'm from another latin american country and for actually sending money there are not a lot of physical locations, someone has to go and send me the money and it's not practical. My plan is to bring $2k in cash, first month airbnb with my cc, pay what I can with credit card and get some more cash with crypto as I go.
Ah ok got it. I thought you could send Western Union from/to anywhere in the world. I have clients in over 80 countries that all use Western Union. I sent you a PM. I do have a solution so ping me there.

Ah ok got it. I thought you could send Western Union from/to anywhere in the world. I have clients in over 80 countries that all use Western Union. I sent you a PM. I do have a solution so ping me there.

I was about to say thank you, and then you ask me for a fee over pm...

Offering something to bait and switch for your business is not a respectable thing to do. I don't need a personal banker, I can just ask my airbnb host or anyone in argentina to direct me to a cueva and they will be happy to do so.

Back