Pickpockets On The C Line...

Maybe suggest your guests get a wallet with a chain? We got one before traveling to Barcelona because we were getting sick of people warning us about pickpockets, and then used it for a year in BsAs (it saved us from getting pickpocketed on the subte from Retiro). We bought one from EMS.

I also don't agree with the "dress under the radar" comments, wear what you want but just pay attention. Knock on wood I've never been robbed successfully here or when I lived in Barcelona (although I had many more unsuccessful attempts in 6 months in BCN than in 3 years here!!).

One good tip maybe for you guests that you could do, is to provide them xerox copies of maps rather than a map itself. I worked at a hotel in Barcelona and our concierge often gave guests just xerox copies so that they could peruse the map freely in the street without the huge colorful tourist map that calls so much attention. The guests really liked that idea and I think it helped a lot.

Thanks for the suggestion Irina, I will go ahead and make xerox copies of maps, I really think this will help and it's not much trouble.

Back