'tis The Season.....for Pickpockets

bobsnowpuppy

Registered
Heads up to be extra alert no matter where you are in BsAr. This morning just after opening, I was at a Carrefour on Santa Fe in Palermo. As I reached to set something down at the register, I turned to find a man right behind me who then scurried away. When I went to pay, no pesos in my back pocket! I was buying milk and apple juice for the toddler who was with me so it really ticked me off! He only got 85 pesos but it just goes to show even in a nearly deserted nice and clean store -they'll get you! My bad about the back pocket, but those jeans were tight and I didn't feel him lift the $$.

Yep, two weeks ago in front of the kiosk next to Milhouse hostel in Avenida de Mayo, a group of young spunky well dressed guys came across the road, about 10 of them, so I already was on alert. They kind of circled me then three of them sat down behind me as i was standing out there in front drinking a coffee. I already kind of knew what was happening, so I paid very very close attention to the sensations in my back pocket, suddenly I feel his sly fingers trying to slip in there.

You cant even profile the kind of person who will do it. These were guys who looked like they were fine middle-class college boys.

Any, he was in perfect position for me to smash down on him so hard in the face and knock him unconscious, but you see the 9 other guys standing around...

So I didnt even say anything...actually felt quite nervous about their next move given the number of guys and my lack of knowledge about the area - is pretty brave thing in an area like that, plenty of Feds around...

on second thought afterward I should have smashed him because Milhouse is full of IDF israelis and Australian diggers, and those 10 guys would have in 1 minute have all been running for their lives, there were two aussies out the front 10 meters away who would have sounded the alarm, ah, dreaming. Got to love dreaming...

Yep, is a hazard here for sure.

I guess I am kind of a vigilante, for example this Brazilian bike thief trick I think is too kind, cause they set it up on grass, and should have set it up in a place where the guy would end up in hospital, or had police waiting to put the bastard in prison, but see in Brasil they are scared of revenge...the guys come back to get you in revenge...kill your family....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Ngfwr41U4

Back