Plättar (Mini Pancakes)

My mom would make mini pancakes instead of the traditional American large ones. I think it was so she could fit more on the pan or have an easier time flipping them.

My Hungarian MIL used make those crepes and called them palachinta (that was how it sounded to me). Made them sweet or savory. Now I'm hungry for them, and will have to ask Tom to make them soon. Oh, and yes they are good with maple syrup too, and we have some.
Nancy

Crema Americana, I make them because they are easier to flip and the kids like them. And because my parents brought over the wrought iron pan from my childhood.

I grew up eating something we called "sweedish pancakes" which was a sweet egg based batter cooked in a cast iron pan with small circular cutouts. Like a slightly puffier crepe.

My family lives in Finland and there they have pannukakku, usually served with cream and compote or fresh fruit. Very delicious. I think they are very similar to the Swedish pancakes. Some people put lemon zest in it. My mom makes them and they're really very easy and quick.

ableskiver pans are fairly inexpensive in the states, i like them but fin the pancakes involve too much work

Back