Place for Cheap Beers Near River and La Plata Stadiums?

mendozanow

Registered
I am organizing a meet-up place for various webfriends who are football fanatics from elsewhere to meet before the various matches in La Plata and the final in River for the COPA AMERICA in July this year.

Can anyone tell me a cheap bar, or kiosko with tables and beer, both near River Stadium and the new stadium in La Plata (address and name please, if you know), where I could arrange to meet various people (from this and other forums) a few hours before the matches. I am only going to the 3rd place match and the Final in your area, as I have tickets to see the other matches in Mendoza (where I live) and nearby San Juan. But many people want to meet for the earlier matches in La Plata as well, and we are coordinating this on various forums.

Also, many of us on other forums have arranged to buy cheap tickets in the populares (the old-style standing terraces without assigned seating) throughout Argentina to meet before the match, and stand and watch the matches together. If anyone is interested, the strategy is to buy in the Popular Sur in every stadium (only River Stadium does not have a Popular Sur amongst the venues, so the plan there is to buy for the final in Popular Sivori). All are welcome to join us.

Tickets have been selling since last Monday on Ticketek for Mastercard holders, and will be open to other card holders starting Wednesday at May 4, at midnight.

Thanks for your consideration.

Back