Plastic Bags Banned From 1St Jan

Ceviche

Registered
So what are the exapts planning when going for shopping?

http://www.thebubble.com/byo-bag-plastic-shopping-bags-banned-in-buenos-aires/

I have been carrying a fashionable and reusable bag since ever (even before moving here). I used to get stared at in shops, until they started charging for plastic bag, then everybody suddenly learned to bring their own bags. What a revelation.

Can they start investigating price gauging by supermarkets that feel it is appropriate to hike prices 10%+ in a month? 2017 inflation looks like it's off to a great start if supermarket prices are a guide - noticeable differences in pretty much everything.

Can they start investigating price gauging by supermarkets that feel it is appropriate to hike prices 10%+ in a month? 2017 inflation looks like it's off to a great start if supermarket prices are a guide - noticeable differences in pretty much everything.
u

Recent article in the WSJ forecasts 40 percent inflation. Firing the economy minister is hardly a good sign. Inflation soars and there is no investment. Can Macri survive?

Cannot do a damn thing about security, corruption, murders, inflation, electrical shortages, gas shortages, strikes.......but we got this plastic bag thing under control. Priorities are spot on.

I've been referring to this country as "Argenuela" for a long time.
Will produce stores and produce departments of (not so super) markets have clear plastic bags? How will they sell cherry tomatoes? nuts? rice sold in bulk?
I'd love to see people go to different stores and attempt to buy 15 items, without bringing a bag to pack the items. When the store says that they don't have bags to give or sell, the customer leaves everything and walks out. Imagine this happening often? I'd volunteer to go to 5 stores a day.
Am I correct in thinking that stores can sell plastic garbage bags ( 6 payments without interest ?) but not bags to carry groceries, that can later be used (recycled) for garbage ?
There was a Russian comedian in the U.S.,years ago, who would tell stories like this and then say "What a country !"

Cannot do a damn thing about security, corruption, murders, inflation, electrical shortages, gas shortages, strikes.......but we got this plastic bag thing under control. Priorities are spot on.

And as the govt admitted, as yet they have no alternative plan re bags for shoppers, etc. Brilliant! Another case of Argentina's usual one step forward, two steps back MO.

There was a Russian comedian in the U.S.,years ago, who would tell stories like this and then say "What a country !"

There are quite a few cities in the world where "no plastic bags" rule has already been implemented...Hong Kong, Manila come to my mind immediately.

And I remember going to buy some groceries in a supermarket in Manila ..they actually told me to carry the groceries in my hand! But I begged and cajoled and then they arranged a cardboard box for me! This was in 2014. I think BA has implemented this, very late!

Back