Plastic straws banned in BA restaurants.

Yes I know it doesn't sound like much, just a little straw. But in the US alone 500 million straws are used and discarded EVERY DAY. So if you multiply 500 million by 365 you get 182,500,000,000. That's a little over 182 Billion straws in the US alone.
Just amazing you howl at the moon over straws yet plastic bags, plastic cups, plastic lids litter the landscape! That's just for a start.

I’m not a “howl at the moon“ kind a guy. Of course it goes with out saying about all the other plastic garbage.
I started the thread as a “heads up” for people who go out and order drinks without knowing of the straw ban.

how about tables, chairs, mattresses, dishwashers, refrigerators, tvs, compu´s, boxes, containers, construction and building materials, paints, cars, planes, ships, toys, kitchenware, cosmetics, bathroom stuff, ...... the nightmare is real and is everywhere and in everything. I don´t think anyone can make a list.
"straws"? ... say what?
"2 guys CLEAN THE OCEAN" .... say it again?

Last edited:
I remember when paper straws became naughty. Save our forests! Plastic straws solved that one; we could feel virtuous doing the 'right' thing.

I mean, sure, what about this, what about that. Probably most agree, this, that, oh no this other thing is worse, all cause more problems.

But why is it such a problem to ban plastic straws. Is there are secret straw society on this forum?

To be 100% honest,
I remember when paper straws became naughty. Save our forests! Plastic straws solved that one; we could feel virtuous doing the 'right' thing.
I haven't used a straw in a very long time but have used countless plastic bottles and have no idea whether they're recycled or not. Straws are just a drop in the bucket; you want conservation, go back to glass bottles though more expensive, much less wasteful.

To be 100% honest,
I haven't used a straw in a very long time but have used countless plastic bottles and have no idea whether they're recycled or not. Straws are just a drop in the bucket; you want conservation, go back to glass bottles though more expensive, much less wasteful.
Paper straws, happening now in San Francisco. Problem...solution.
San Franschitsgo is mired in human feces thanks to liberal dumocrats letting the inmates run the asylum.

No one is defending "straws".

Solving 0.0000000000000001 of the problem is something to sneeze at.

Feeling good ignoring the 9999999999999999 is .............. (your words not mine)

No one is defending "straws".

Solving 0.000000000001 of the problem is something to sneeze at.

Feeling good ignoring the 99999999999999% is .............. (your words not mine)
The 99999999999999% are not the subject of the thread though. Who said they feel good?

Back