Please Advise: Visas For Argentines Going North

Considering:

PhilipDt:
"even the US citizens can get the same attitude"

ben:
"As well subjective factors up to and including the officer's mood that morning, how they liked your face, whatever."

I am not sure if it is a good scenario to go the US with a B1/B2 visa with an extension for 6 months in a row, having an american gf (not married, in law relatives, etc). Some of the comments reinforce my believes. I don't take this personal and nothing against immigration officers since they might have good reasons I ignore, I would just prefer to avoid problems and get a better visa for this scenario, or just stay twice without applying for an extension.

Well, i had been a year in the states. I paid an excellent paralegal to advice me.

When the immigration agent ask me how Long i was planning to stay, i replied "that's up to you, but i would like to stay 6 months".

He was suprised. I explained that my girlfriend was American and we were checking out if the relationship works out or not.

He asked me if i was planning to stay in the US. I said that our plan was to live in Argentina but she needs another 6 months to decide.

I got the 6 months twice.

Short anwers. Look self secure.

Thank you to everyone for your insights. I am going to put my faith in this last post here and assume that the six months will be given based on his story and plans. Fortunately we are near SF and the coast so the tourist story is not only believable but almost almost entirely true. He has never caused problems in the past and we hope to keep it that way!

Back