Please Help! I Think My Boyfriend Is Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmolat

Registered
He left our house in Vicente Lopez this morning around 8am to go meet friends around San Telmo/Boca. The last I heard from him was a text message at 8:55. He was supposed to be back around 1 or 2 this afternoon. I guess this seems a little premature but he has not answered his phone or communicated with me since that text message. This is EXTREMELY unlike him. I am worried something happened and I'm not sure what to do if he doesn't come home by this evening. I don't speak much spanish and I don't know whether to think about going to the police and if so, the police in Cap. Fed or the police in Vicente Lopez. I'm not even sure what I could say to them since my spanish is so basic. Please help with any suggestions. Right now all I can do is hope he comes home and I end up being embarrassed by my overreaction but I am extremely worried and any suggestions for what I can do will put my mind at ease. Thank you all.

Go to the Vicente Lopez Police and file a missing person report... Not sure if the take a report after 8 hours missing.

Was his mobile charged?
Can you contact the friends he was supposed to meet?

relax. don't know the dynamics of your relation but if he is not home by tomorrow at noon, you would be justified in filing a report. boys will be boys, could be playing soccer sin phone.

Was his mobile charged?
Can you contact the friends he was supposed to meet?
His phone is charged and ringing, and no answer from his friends either.
relax. don't know the dynamics of your relation but if he is not home by tomorrow at noon, you would be justified in filing a report. boys will be boys, could be playing soccer sin phone.

That's what I am hoping and telling myself! It's just uncharacteristic of him. Since we only arrived in BA 2 months ago he's been very good at keeping me posted. Since he speaks fluently and I don't he knows that it helps me when he's easy to reach!

I'm sending you a pm with bilingual Vicente Lopez friends' phone numbers. We well understand what you are going through, and hope that, by the time you receive it, your bf will be home. If not, our friends will be glad to do whatever they can for you.

I can make a suggestion to help you prepare to ask the police for help.
Go to translate.google.com and prepare a document (in english) with facts about him, his friends and his plans for the day.
List names and phone numbers.
Translate the document from English to Spanish.
Then translate it back to english. See if it still makes sense to you or if there some areas where you can try synonyms or different phrasing to get a better translation.
Do a cover letter explaining that you don't know much spanish and are seeking help in locating your boy friend.
Print out the spanish versions.
Add recent photos.

Also, I think some of the members of this expat group offer bi-lingual assistance as needed.

Good luck.
Best wishes for a happy outcome.

Is your BF Argentine? If so, can you get a hold of his family here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back