Please help me reduce my bills!

BednBreakfast

Registered
Any advice appreciated on this one!
I am paying:
$200 a month for cable (Directv, was $40 when I signed up 5 years ago)
$300-350 a month for Telefonica plus 3mb Speedy (I make few calls)

Telecentro do a $200 a month deal for the 3 services but a. I've heard the tv is all in Spanish, b. I need the phone line for Prosegur alarm system and don't know if it can hook up through a digital line.
Any advice on what to do and which service provider to use? Thanks in advance.

Telecentro have the usual bunch of yank channels in english and a few more with sap if you get their hd digital box (not sure if it works with their normal digital but i would presume so)

their phoneline works with their cable router. the only problem being if the cable is down the phoneline is down so this might not suit your needs.

For a start, call DirecTV and tell them you want to cancel. They'll transfer you to the retentions department where you can negotiate a sweet deal for three to six months.

After three to six months, rinse and repeat. So far, I've been paying around $135 for all the channels, one HD decoder, one standard decoder and all the HD channels and all the movie channels for about a year.

I would make a combo of fibertel and cablevision for around 200 pesos, depending on what service you get, and get a regular phone line with the basic payment per month. you'll barely spend money on that.

Bebero took it away the words from my mouth the best choise its make your own combo: Fibertel+Cablevision for $200 and a regular phone line where you could keep your alarm sistem and make your few calls. "Total: $250" we could say rounding. That would be the half you are paying currently.

Thanks all, looks like step one is to see if I can get a special deal by threatening to cancel services. Telefonica actually offered me a free netbook and slightly lower rate if I continued my same Speedy plan for the next 2 years. That's when I realised how much I was overpaying...

Back