Pls explain semi-automatic washing machine!

Celia

Registered
Can someone please explain the difference between this and an automatic....I know you have to wait for it to fill and then add soap and softener manually but does it spin and drain the water off?
My automatic bust after 2 years and I don't want to fork out a wad of money for nothing again.
Thanks!

Celia, yes they spin and wash and drain the water off, it is just that they will not do the whole process unattended ( ie. you will have to put the soap,it washes, the you will have to select drain, then select rinse, etc ) You can either get one of those or a good alternative is to buy a second hand one ( I have bough an awesome dryer 5 yrs ago at a garage sale it was like new and it works awesome )

Can't be fixed....the plaqueta electronica is broken and it would cost nearly as much as a new one to fix. My fridge broke and it cost over 500 pesos to fix the plaqueta, but the washing machine only cost 1000 so it's not worth it...

If both those appliances broke the plaqueta electronica while they were relatively new, you should have your electricity checked or at least put in a surge protector.

By the sounds of it, there are a few versions of "semi-automatic" -
I can't remember the actual classification of my machine but I vaguely it remember being labelled as "automatic" but without a centrifuga...
Basically, it does everything automatically but does not have a spin cycle (so you have to wring some things out before hanging them to dry). Also, despite a section in the instructions dedicated to temperature, it doesn't heat the water.
Having said that, it's a pretty good machine, get's everything clean, is very environmentally friendly and was less than 1,000 pesos.

Back