Police Rebelion Provincia de Bs.As.

You have described police all over the world UK. This what is done while out in the field.

Go past a construction site needing a policeman at either end to regulate the flow of two way traffic

In short, police have little to no oversight in the field. Without supervision and accountability this is what you / we get from our public servants.

In the UK you won't see police standing outside just about every bank, supermarket and street corner in the centre of towns and cities. And if you do they certainly won't be smoking or playing with their mobile phones. :)
Plus, in the UK it's usually the job of traffic wardens to faff about directing traffic. The police only get involved when someone naughty is breaking the law....like driving after over imbibing in the 'uisge beatha'.

In the UK you won't see police standing outside just about every bank, supermarket and street corner in the centre of towns and cities. And if you do they certainly won't be smoking or playing with their mobile phones. :)
Plus, in the UK it's usually the job of traffic wardens to faff about directing traffic. The police only get involved when someone naughty is breaking the law....like driving after over imbibing in the 'uisge beatha'.

Uhmmm well the police in CABA outside banks , supermarkets , and restos are being paid by the public sector for security reasons, policemen work overtime to make extra income to pay rent.

They 'police' mostly disadvantaged communities for low level 'offences'. This then fills up the jails with Latino and Black bodies who can be legally (constitutionally protected) used as slave labor, 'payed' a dollar a day in a private prison to produce for the corporate masters.

At the very same time white collar crime not only goes unpunished and uninvestigated, but is rewarded. The financial sub prime crisis, for example, crashed the economy illigally, but no significant policing of those financial crimes, with the untold misery they caused, occurred. In fact many of those same people made lavish profits.

Then there is the obvious institutional and cultural racism and white supremacy + capitalist zealotry interwoven with the police's social and political purposes, which of course are also relevant to their defunding in the current US system

Here in ARG the issues are very different, though no less problematic in their own way.

This is the same most places in the world including Argentina. The biggest narcos in Argentina are some government officials, nothing happens to them. While they harass low level users and dealers in disadvantaged communities.

Uhmmm well the police in CABA outside banks , supermarkets , and restos are being paid by the public sector for security reasons, policemen work overtime to make extra income to pay rent.

Thankfully that's not needed in the UK. So the question has to be why is it necessary here?

You have described police all over the world UK. This what is done while out in the field.

Go past a construction site needing a policeman at either end to regulate the flow of two way traffic. More times than not both policemen are standing together, side by side at the same end of the site engaged in conversation, while the other end is left unattended / un regulated.

Or they (the policemen) are looking with great curiosity into the hole the construction workers have made instead of being focused on traffic flow for the purpose they were intended to be attending to. That being, safety and orderly traffic flow such that no one gets hurt or in an accident.

It's called human nature. The people who do the job are as human as the next person.

In short, police have little to no oversight in the field. Without supervision and accountability this is what you / we get from our public servants.

This depends on the neighborhood. I spent some 4 years (2014-2018) living in Las Cañitas, where the police presence was very heavy. They had a cop on almost every corner, mostly young. And there was this one very hard-faced senior supervisor type that I always saw circulating throughout the area. Those cops were on the ball, probably because of the supervisor. They didn't just stand still. They would reach a position, stand there for 2-3 minutes looking around, and then walk down the block, stop again and look around. They were constantly in motion and very alert.

Now, the old guy who ran the news kiosk said to me that this is unique to Las Cañitas, and it's because all the upscale bars and restaurants produce enormous tax revenue, so the city government takes great care to keep the area safe.

Unfortunately the area was also heavily infested with obnoxiously aggressive trapitos. I would walk to a restaurant, and as I approached the door be accosted by a trapito who'd bark at me, "en donde estacionaste?". The cops did nothing about this, and the old guy at the kiosk said it's because the cops get a percentage of the revenue from the trapitos.

This depends on the neighborhood. I spent some 4 years (2014-2018) living in Las Cañitas, where the police presence was very heavy. They had a cop on almost every corner, mostly young. And there was this one very hard-faced senior supervisor type that I always saw circulating throughout the area. Those cops were on the ball, probably because of the supervisor. They didn't just stand still. They would reach a position, stand there for 2-3 minutes looking around, and then walk down the block, stop again and look around. They were constantly in motion and very alert.

Now, the old guy who ran the news kiosk said to me that this is unique to Las Cañitas, and it's because all the upscale bars and restaurants produce enormous tax revenue, so the city government takes great care to keep the area safe.

Unfortunately the area was also heavily infested with obnoxiously aggressive trapitos. I would walk to a restaurant, and as I approached the door be accosted by a trapito who'd bark at me, "en donde estacionaste?". The cops did nothing about this, and the old guy at the kiosk said it's because the cops get a percentage of the revenue from the trapitos.
Red,

There is good and bad mixed in, but the moral of the story may be: If you give someone an incentive, give them a piece of the action, it does wonders for their work ethic?? Most people need some kind of an incentive to perform as they should.

Red,

Most people need some kind of an incentive to perform as they should.

Indeed....increase the salaries for those at the lowest level and the overall quality will increase. That's what's needed then the force won't be full of cops standing about smoking and looking at their mobile phones. As I said it's more like a job creation scheme especially for women.

These cops must have Hella data plans. About all thet do is look at their phones.

Crisis solved for now by robbing Peter to pay Paul?

While I understand their touchy-ness about armed police encircling Olivos, it is not like the police only started complaining of these poor conditions yesterday. If they did not take such an action, would anyone be having "dialogue" this with them in this country of smoke and kicking-the-can-down-the-road champions?

Laretta is taking it to the supreme court: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/politica/larreta-conferencia-prensa-nid2446483

Back